The Family Dinner

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Corie Henson, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Traditionally, the dinner is big deal to the family where everyone is present. Understandably, it cannot be the lunch because the father is working and expectedly everyone can be present during dinner time. It is a great time for bonding. The parents and children have their casual conversation for news about themselves and other personal topics such as what's happening in the neighborhood that includes current events.

In this digital age, It seems that the traditional family dinner is fading. To each his own is the order of the day. And when everyone is present in the dinner table, there is that pesky gadget that takes away the minds of some family members. Oh, oh, the essence of the family's togetherness is being lost to technology?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Even though my kids work, dinner is always eaten together. No iPhones at the table. The TV is on though but volume is low, so people can talk. Usually talking about school or what's on the TV but at least they're talking.

Of course since I live alone, I eat when I want and usually have the ipad in front if me.