The Droning Whine of Power Tools

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Diane Lane, May 27, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Ugh, the storms have knocked down a lot of trees throughout the neighborhood, and the sound of the power tools is driving me nuts.

Thankfully, there was no real damage here, and I was just able to get out and pick up some food and water, so I'm prepared for the next round.

2. Oracle May

Oracle May Veteran Member
    Registered

I know what you mean. I have this problem often. It seems wherever you go, they are out fixing the roads or the water pipes, so the sound of power tools is quite common and hardly ever seems to leave us from one day to another. I can't hear any right now, so let's hope it stays that way. Perhaps they have decided to take the weekend off!

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

People up here burn a lot of wood and the chain saws are a common sound. Can be very irritating at times.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Thankfully, it was very quiet for the past 3 days, so we had a peaceful garage sale. There's a party next door, but now that the raucous friends are gone, there's just some music playing on low, and the sound of laughter. It's amazing that there are no sounds of power tools this weekend, but there were about 4 adult birthday parties and 2 garage sales, so I guess we've all been otherwise occupied.

5. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

It is as if i live in an area that is two worlds, during the day there is often many sounds, cars, machines and people, but in the evenings it can be so quiet and I notice that it is also very dark in most of the village. I don't mind the noise, in fact the day to day stuff is okay, even lawn mowers. I have a railroad track that is like 5 houses away, I feel the trains coming because there is a vibration but I seldom hear them anymore. The other sound that is gone is the volunteer fireman had this horn that would sound our zones, for example four toots and then six toots, that stopped working long ago and at first i missed it but I no longer do, it could be annoying.

A few years back they were doing some work on the airport runways and they changed the plane route for the jets so they were coming down right over head and that was awful, every 10 minutes there was yet another plane, it was so loud that watching TV with the window open was not even an option. I am glad that is no longer the case.

6. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

In the little village we spend our summers in, two streets over, is the volunteer fire mans house and on top of the building is a giant, rotating horn that summons the volunteers to an emergency. Took a little getting use to.

During the week, the campgrounds is very quiet. Weekends, a different story.