The Drama Of The Wardrobe

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Julie Stewart, May 30, 2016.

1. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

I am so glad things are working out for you in regards to the money you paid up front for your project. My mother and a few other people in our town had a similar thing happen to them. My mom found a local well respected man to fix her roof. He ask for money to buy the supplies, and knowing him she gave him a check for around $1000 dollars. He never came back in fact he skipped town and went to Florida, on everyone's money. She never got any money back and it took the police two years to track him down.
    I think the best thing to do is get the list of supplies and make a deal with the store concerning buying the supplies and having them brought to your place. Don't pay up front to the contractor. Even recently I heard of a couple of stories about contractors doing a bad job or never finishing work after being paid. It is a big heartache dealing with poor work or no work, but loss of money can be devastating.

Julie Stewart likes this.
  2. Julie Stewart

Julie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

HI @Sandy Wood - so sorry to hear about what happened to you mum. It seems that the man had carefully built a good reputation, so that he was well respected, in order to scam a lot of people who trusted him based on his reputation - what a b*****d !!!!

As for our situation - our insurance has taken this case on board with the solicitor who is closing down the deceased's business. We will get our money back eventually, meanwhile we are still without a wardrobe in our second bedroom, which is fine, until we have guests to stay!!!!!