The Chocolate-nut Pie...

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yesterday, I made my usual Sunday shopping trip to our Kroger store. They usually have some good clearance items by Sunday, and the store is not busy early in the morning, so it is a good time to go shopping.
    This time, I found a chocolate-nut pie in the marked-down shelf. I have never heard of that before, and it was on sale cheap, so I put it in my cart.
    It turned out that this is a totally delicious pie ! I think it was made with hazel nuts; but I am not sure about that.
    However, if you imagine a slice of pecan pie with semi-sweet chocolate chips in the bottom, then you will have an excellent idea of what this pie tasted like.
    It is a very rich pie, so only a sliver at a time is plenty to eat. We do not often have desserts, but now and then I get something when I find it on the markdown shelf at Kroger.

2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, so decadent, Yvonne. We're allowed a little pleasure once in awhile. Sounds delish. Now that fall is here, I'm beginning to desire a good ole' homemade pumpkin pie. The smell of cinnamon is calling my name. Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, pumpkin, eggs, and milk (I use unsweetened almond milk) but we won't talk about the crust and sugar, shh…nor the dollop of vanilla ice-cream on it when it's still warm.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Yvonne Smith and Sheldon Scott like this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Sounds so scrumptious! I love pecan pie and chocolate pies. I love pies with nuts in them a lot like macadamia nut pies! I look for the mark down pastries at Walmart too. We currently don't have any Kroger in Hawaii yet. Let's hope we get a Kroger soon for they sound like a very good to go shopping for bargains. I like Walmart and we have a local supermarket Times where they do have a bargain corner for pastries. I look for sugar free pastries for I got to watch my sugar intake. Thanks for the tip!

4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I've had chocolate pecan pie. I think it is the same as regular pecan pie with chocolate added to the mixture. It was several years ago and was very good.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Mmm, that sounds yummy. I've been craving chocolate lately, probably because I'm out of it. It could sit in the house for weeks without me touching it, but when I'm out, the cravings start. I might have to look for a recipe I can make with cocoa, which I have plenty of. I'll have to remember that about Sundays and check my local Kroger. I always prefer going when the store is less crowded.

6. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

That pie does sound good. I love pecans and chocolate so I am sure I would like this pie also.