The Border Wall Is Being Built

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

‘Racist,’ ‘Nazi’ Border Agents Rescued a 6-Year-Old Migrant Child Abandoned In the Desert

2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

After trying very hard to stop private people from building a wall it is under way and growing fast.
    Sunland Park allows construction to continue on border wall in N.M.

3. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes. My son maintained some time ago that Trump would make Mexico pay for the wall one way or another.. probably by stealth. Smart.. my boy as that is what is now happening with Trump imposing these new tarrifs on Mexican goods.

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Exactly! When Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall, he was not specific, and of course the media and the Trump haters all jumped to the conclusion that Mexico would have to pay for the construction. If there were just a 5% tax on Mexican imports, it would easily pay for the wall, but it would be ex post facto.

5. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I hope you are all prepared to pay $6 for an avocado and more for a jar of salsa as these both come from those crooks in Mexico, who in the very beginning all of Calif belonged to Mexico.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I will happily pay that if I don't have to see my tax dollars spent on supporting ILLEGALS. I'd also have no problem with California returning to Mexico.

Bobby Cole and Ken N Louis like this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Well it's time it was built. Let's get it done and quite squabbling.

Martin Alonzo and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Avocados, that's funny, partly because that is such a trivial consideration compared to the harm done by open borders, but mostly because it's just another media talking point that you are parroting rather than thinking for yourself.

california-avocados.jpg

9. Joy Martin

Registered

What else do we get from Mexico, they build some autos down there for the U.S. don't they....what else, many veggies and produce that we can't grow all year round in the U.S....,,,, what else, I never bought a T-shrt that said Made in Mexico.

Some drug companies are down there, one can go across the border and buy a pharma drug in a pharmacia for cheap....What Else.

Oh I even buy and eat pineapple and other good fruits from our enemies in Costa Rica....keep them out, we don't need anyone to come here with their good stuff.

They are truly our friends and Build Walls????!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, stop with the hysterics. The tariffs will be TEMPORARY; supporting the flood of illegals will be FOREVER.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. Joy Martin

Registered

Oh they may never happen as so much that goes on in Washington is theatre.

And we will always have toilets to be cleaned so yes let them come.

And tomatoes to be picked and strawberries...don't see many whites in the fields picking.

And it's not hysterics, but so many forget what these people, the enemy, does for the U.S. people and many die in the fields picking our foods.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Let the ones who are willing to work come legally. But we don't need any more illegals to feed, support and give free health care.

Martin Alonzo and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

First, check your information as to who Mexico belonged to in order to figure out who had what we no know as California plus, no matter who had claimed possession of it, the state in its entirety was not inhabited by Latinos nor claimed by Spain, Mexico nor France. Only a small part of it shifted back and forth.

Now, back to basics. Would you rather pay an extra 5% for your avocado or keep paying 30+BILLION beans for illegals. Just this last month you helped pay over $150,000 just for diapers alone. Yes, we do take care of the young ones whilst their parents or whatever are trying to process in claiming asylum.
    Get a grip on your purse and do the math!! Good Lord, that station you listen to can’t be that ignorant!

Martin Alonzo and Ken Anderson like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Are you for real? While you may say they build cars for the United States, Americans who have worked for a living would say they took jobs from American workers. I can't think of anything civil to say to someone who is grateful to have Mexicans building cars for the US market.

Americans would do those jobs, as they have in the past, if they paid better, and they would pay better if it wasn't for illegals and migrant workers willing to work for less. For that matter, if we didn't make it easier for someone to collect welfare than to start at a low-level job, Americans will still be willing to take those jobs.

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.