The Book Of Enoch And The Last Days

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Yvonne Smith, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of the most interesting books is the Book of Enoch, which is discussed in several places in the Bible, and quoted by even Jesus, and yet the book has not been considered as a scriptural book of the Bible.
    Since what we call the Bible is not one book, as we usually think of it, but a collection of manuscripts from several hundred years of the timeline, different faiths include different books in their version of the Holy Scriptures.
    Even though it is not part of what is called the canonized scripture, it appears to have been written by a real person, one who even walked with God, and was taken up into heaven; so it seems to me that what this man wrote should be pretty important information.
    I have read part of the Book of Enoch, and it is something that I want to spend more time looking at; so I was wondering who else here has read this book, or is interested in discussion about Enoch ?
    Some of what he wrote was specifically given as instruction for the “last days”, which is the time period that many people think we are in right now, and if that is true, then what is written to us in this book seems to me to be pretty urgent for us to know.

This is the first video in a 3-part series about the Book of Enoch and how it relates to the last days. I watched the first one, and it is pretty interesting, and I am going to check out the next one, now.
    When you watch the first one, you can see the links to the other two.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

While I know of Enoch, I have never read the book. I have, however, read a bit about the book. The idea that Jesus knew of the book is one of the reasons I don't believe he was an illiterate itinerant carpenter, as so many scholars do. Much of the book of Genesis is thought to have been drawn from Enoch.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Quite a few years back I printed off the Book of Enoch and put the pages in a notebook to read at my leisure. I have read it a few times and find it very interesting. When the Bible was being put together as we know it today there were many manuscripts that didn't make it into finished version. But that doesn't mean those other manuscripts weren't worthy of reading or gaining knowledge from. The Enoch's manuscript has a lot of wisdom in it and is definitely in my opinion worth reading. Anyone who walked that closely with God has something worth saying and worth "pondering on".

Yvonne Smith likes this.