The Birth Of The Human Animal Chimeras

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The quest to create animals with human organs has a long history – and it is now becoming a reality. Has science taken a step too far?

[​IMG]

8 JANUARY, 2017

In H. G. Wells’s The Island of Doctor Moreau, the shipwrecked hero Edward Pendrick is walking through a forest glade when he chances upon a group of two men and a woman squatting around a fallen tree. They are naked apart from a few rags tied around their waist, with “fat, heavy, chinless faces, retreating foreheads, and a scant bristly hair upon their

foreheads.” Pendrick notes that “I never saw such bestial looking creatures.” As Pendrick approaches, they attempt to talk to him, but their speech is “thick and slopping” and their heads sway as they speak, “reciting some complicated gibberish”. Despite their clothes and their appearance, he perceives the “irresistible suggestion of a hog, a swinish taint” in their manner. They are, he concludes, “grotesque travesties of men”. READ MORE

After reading all of this article it is my opinion that Science is taking a step to far with these "human-animal" experiments. There is just something "not right" about this to me.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Agree ! Leave well alone !