The Belled Coyote

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Joe Riley, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

As far as I know, no coyotes were harmed, in the writing of this pome.;)

"The Belled Coyote", by Robert H. Fletcher, from Prickly Pear Pomes, 1920 chapbook
    [​IMG]
    Robert Fletcher (1885 - 1972) was an engineer, writer, and poet. Born in Iowa, Bob moved to Montana when he was 23 to work as a surveyor. Some years later, he went to work for the Montana Highway Commission, producing all of the state’s tourism promotional material and, ultimately, creating more than 100 highway markers (many of which still stand today), along with picnic areas, visitors’ centers, maps, and roadside museums. The author of a cowboy poetry collection called Corral Dust, Bob also wrote a nonfiction book called Free Grass to Fences, about the Montana cattle industry.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Good pome Joe.:)

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I liked it too. A critters gotta do what a critter's gotta do. We may not always like it, but they have to eat. I think coyotes are all over the East now pretty much. I might have seen one here once, not sure. I know they have seen them in the nearby town for sure. However, the coyote and or fox threat is why I wouldn't let Jax the visiting dog be outside by himself. He is too small, and could end up being a feast for some creature of the night.

Joe Riley and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered