The Actions Of A Few

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is interesting that we are not supposed to hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of hundreds of thousands of Muslim extremists, yet we are supposed to hold all gun owners accountable for the actions of a few crazy people.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

And now there's a trend among the anti-gun crazies to call the police if they should happen to see someone with a gun on their person. This happened to my granddaughter's boy friend. He has a carry permit and carries his pistol concealed. While eating at a restaurant, some nervous Nellie happened to catch a glimpse of his gun as he was being seated. Cops came and checked him out.

I can understand someone being a bit concerned but, he was with my granddaughter and her little boy. Some of these people are calling in gun sightings in some twisted notion that it will help prevent more shootings.

Yvonne Smith and Sheldon Scott like this.
  3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't hold all gun owners responsible. But I do think that with owning a gun does come responsibility. I don't approve of guns being sold to someone without a good back ground check first. Sorry, if I have noticed anything it's that mental illness and guns don't mix. I have a good friend who owns guns, her brother also has a gun store. But she is responsible she keeps her guns locked in a cabinet. So, I have no issue here, because she is taking the right responsibility needed when being a gun owner.

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Gun ownership is also a big issue here. However, gun owners are not that radical to align themselves and make a statement. On the other side of the fence, there is that guy named Nandy Pacheco, a staunch anti-gun advocate who organized a group to that effect. And their group is gaining the upperhand with the recent event. A certain Mr. Abaya shot and killed 2 people inside a public van. He used a licensed gun of a different person. When arrested, this Mr. Abaya said that he thought those 4 people in the van are going to take him to the rehabilitation center. Yes, the criminal is a drug addict. Worse, he had already shot and killed a security guard in 2012 and had killed another person in 2013. He is out on bail. Tsk, tsk, the anti-gun advocates are riding high on this.