The 29 Different Types Of Coffee Drinkers

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Joe Riley, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Coffee? Safeway $5 Fridays sometimes has their brand on sale 32 oz. for $5 this I like a lot. I usually buy Folgers ground coffee that's on sale at any store. I found recently that Walmart has an instant store brand 10 oz. jar for just $1.56 so I buy that now when it doesn't run out at Walmart. People must have found out about Walmart's instant coffee for 2 times already I went to buy it and it isn't on shelf. Isn't on shelf happens a lot at Walmart where I shop. I like to get things on sale so I can save money. When I was young I liked those flavored coffees. Once in a while like today there's a special at McDonalds iced coffee for $1.99 that I'd treat myself with.

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just went to Kroger this morning (my regular early Sunday shopping trip) to get some fresh bread, and see what items were on closeout.
    Today, they had a special in the coffee aisle on one of the specialty coffees that was usually $7 for that package, and now was on closeout for $1.75, a great bargain !
    It is a decaf blend, so if I want to have some later in the day, I can do that and not worry that it might keep me awake. It is called Westrock Coffee, and has a picture of an elephant on the bag.
    Anyway, I am going to try a small pot and see how I like it.

I wonder if we are the only ones on the forum that does not have Keurig coffeemaker ? I have looked at them, but they are seriously expensive, and then all of the litle cups seem to be costly as well.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have two, and the Keurigs are not my first choice. I generally use a regular drip coffeemaker, since I like to grind my own beans. We had one Keurig; then, when a friend of ours retired, someone bought her a Keurig as a gift but she didn't want to spend the kind of money that it costs for K-cups so she gave it to us. I'll use a Keurig if it's hot and I don't plan on drinking a whole pot of coffee.

4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I guess I would fall under the one who uses the coffee maker every morning. Yes, doesn't matter what brand of coffee just as long as I have my morning cup of coffee. It has to be through the coffee maker or bought from a convenient store if the maker is broken. I don't like instant coffee that much if at all. As for going to those specialty coffee places, I don't see paying that much money for a cup of coffee but that's just me.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Out'ta this world cup of coffee!;)

What It Takes To Make A Decent Cup Of Coffee In Space!
    Engineers have finally come up with a way to brew some good Italian espresso on the International Space Station. The space-age coffee machine — called, naturally the "ISSpresso" — is a capsule-based brewing system. It's similar in principle to a Keurig machine. But engineers at the Italian aerospace firm Argotec, along with coffee company Lavazza and the Italian space agency, ASI, finessed it to function in a microgravity environment.
    espressopouch_wide-88b30f0383f99c27f118d39e2c29473838316c76-s800-c85.jpg
    But mainly, we wondered — why is it so complicated to make coffee on the ISS? To help answer that question, we called up Vickie Kloeris, the manager of the NASA Space Food Systems Laboratory.

"You can't just send a regular espresso machine to orbit and expect it to work," she says. Here on Earth, coffee machines depend heavily on gravity, she explains. But on the ISS, there's only a minuscule amount of gravity — called microgravity. So everything floats.
    iss-presso-lavazz_chart_slide-d625244632b990c2d959b9c4e7c16a89bf0dfe65-s400-c85.jpg

6. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a friend that only drinks Starbucks black dark roast. She wants it perked no instant stuff for her. It is way too strong for me. I am not too particular about my coffee. I prefer tea but do drink a cup of coffee daily in the mornings.

Joe Riley likes this.