Texas Teacher Impregnated By 13-year-old Turns Self In

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

There have been so many stories like this one in the news over the past several years that it really makes one ponder what the heck has happened to society. Obviously no grown woman should be attracted to 16 or 17-year old boys, let alone a 13-year-old. I don't know if the family's support has been substantiated, but if so, what type of mindset does it take to accept that an older teacher has taken advantage of your child, never mind is carrying his child? I chose to look at the article on WHDH because they're very grounded, versus some of the more lurid versions of the story that I've seen elsewhere. The facts are lurid enough, without putting attractive pictures with them and muddying the situation.

http://whdh.com/news/texas-teacher-impregnated-by-student-13-turns-self-in/

Here's a more lurid version: http://abc13.com/news/middle-school-teacher-accused-of-getting-pregnant-by-student/1364312/

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

she'll wind up being abused herself when she gets to prison maybe even murdered. inmates consider child abuse the worst of the worst.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Showed my wife her photo last night and we both wonder how she became a teacher. Obviously she has the knowledge and college degree, but her photo made her look like a Call Girl in Vegas. Really don't understand what she could see in a 13 year old, unless his build is much older than his age. Of course, today, teens can definitely look older than being a teen.

4. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

When my youngest was in eighth grade I started getting these enormous telephone bills from a local long distance collect calls. When questioning my son about them he told me they were from a girl at school. I asked that he quit taking these calls and the next month my bill remained outrageously high. When pressed further it came out that it was a assistant teacher. As it turned out this teacher was coming to my house and picking my son up and taking him four wheeling and such. I contacted this teacher and asked that she stay away from my son and to stop calling my house collect, the bills were running almost a thousand dollars a month.
    She said she would but the next bill i got was still extremely large and the neighbors said she was still coming to my house. I finally called the school and went to see the principal. As a result of showing him the bills i was getting she lost her job but continued to call and sneak over when we weren't home. This woman was married and had two children. I went an got a restraining order against her on the grounds of contributing to the delinquency, at which time the phone calls turned to telling my son she was going to kill herself if she couldn't see him.
    We attended a rodeo that was taking place in a small town near by. My son told me he was going to the restroom and didn't return right away at which time I went looking for him. I found him under the bleachers with this teacher at which time my temper finally got the better of me. I called her a child molester and told her to say away from my son or I was going to beat the crap out of her. As it turned out her husband and parents were close by and overheard. That was the last we heard from her. I would have pressed charges against her in the beginning but my son would not admit to the police that there was any thing going on because he didn't want to get her in trouble. If I hadn't had the phone bills I probably wouldn't have been able to do any thing.

5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

God's out-
    Sin's in.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

We live in a world where there are some really "sick" people and I put part of the blame of this on the way the society, schools, etc. are now teaching that there is no right or wrong, that if it feels good do it, and that you can do or be anything you want now days!

This morning on the Texas news I heard the reporter saying they are having alot of this teacher/student sexual stuff going on and it is becoming a real problem for the Texas schools. Something definitely needs to be done about this problem.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Gary Ridenour

Registered

her cheese slid off its cracker

8. Gary Ridenour

Registered

its been a national problem for years. parents are into home schooling now in a big way

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

All the teachers I ever had were old nuns. Ugly and mean.:eek:

10. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

I have to admit she was a looker. Don't know how but he always brought home beautiful women.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, I had a real "crush" on my Typing teacher in high school. She was SO good looking, but I was SO "nerdy" looking (but without glasses). Only thing was, I also had her husband as my Speech & Drama teacher. Real nice guy.

Seems like today, some lady teachers are so young and their male students look like models!

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well @Ike Willis, I had a few like that too but if it wouldn't have been for one of those mean ones who saw how I struggled with Algebra and decided to help me....I would have never passed that subject! :)

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I can remember in High School my Civics Teacher and Student Teacher used to "flirt" with me...and probably some other young women too. My Teacher was married and the Student Teacher engaged and even though they were nice looking men...this was not appropriate behavior on their part at all and that was a whole lot of years ago!

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane

I, of course, skipped the first link provided, as the promise of more lurid content in the second drew my focus! :oops:

Frank

Diane Lane likes this.
  15. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, as @Gary Ridenour mentioned, it's been a nation-wide problem for years now.

Pamela Smart was the first I heard of, and that probably made the news more because she got her boy lover to kill her husband than for the fact that she was sleeping with him. Mary Kay LeTourneau slept with her 12-year-old student and was impregnated. She is actually still with him, and they have at least two children. Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia: "Letourneau and her husband were the DJ and hosts for three "Hot for Teacher Night" promotions at a Seattle night club" - there certainly seems to be an issue with the judgment of all involved. There were two female teachers in Louisiana recently who had at least one threesome with a 16-year-old male student. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/la-teacher-jail-sex-student-case-article-1.2180450

Gary Ridenour and Ike Willis like this.