Terry's Ramblings

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Terry Page, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well then what's the point? :)

Terry Page and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess it's a co-dependent relationship, if I leave and look for a younger one..............

[​IMG]

.......I guess I will be replaced in a trice :rolleyes: there are plenty queueing up already, and they look pretty enticing and alluring. ;)

[​IMG]

Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  3. Terry Page

Registered

A productive morning :) went to local plumbers shop which was full of plumbers, I think Sunday is when they are at their busiest. Bought the adaptors and the tap is working well now, so I am on a high now...................I am so easily pleased these days lol

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  4. Terry Page

Registered

Just need to do various plastering and some tiling in the bathroom, which hasn't really had anything done since Soviet times.

tata77p.jpg

Lara Moss and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Terry Page

Registered

Had a lovely evening at the concert last night, the hall was packed and there were lots standing. The performance was remarkable and the conductor who is very famous though unknown to me, received a 20 minute standing ovation at the end. I experienced every emotion possible listening to the music and was reduced to tears at the end. I was completely emotionally drained as we walked home, but in a good way. A few photo's of the evening.

con5.jpg conc2q.jpg conc4.jpg conc13.jpg conc1.jpg

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Glad you enjoyed it, Terry. I know how emotional music can make you. Both of you looking good!

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

....Another thread, that I have just discovered! I just stopped by,to say hello, and let you know how much I enjoyed your pictures, Terry! As I scratch my head, as to what to add, I post this song by Hank Williams Sr, "Ramblin' man"!;)

8. Terry Page

Registered

The morning was sunny as forecast so we went by metro to one of the many islands that St.Petersburg is built on, this one is called Yelagin island and is a large stretch of woodland that runs up to the Finnish Gulf. We walked for an hour or so and then had lunch at one of several restaurants in the woods.

Interestingly the whole area of the island has free wifi, which seems to be common hereabouts, good for online addicts.

A few photos

112.jpg
    There have been several storms here recently and lots of flooding
    110.jpg
    A small farm area for children
    107.jpg 108.jpg 105.jpg
    104.jpg
    Bortsch
    102.jpg
    Chicken broth with partridge eggs
    121.JPG

Draniki a bit like hash browns with sour cream all washed down with local beer
    100.JPG

Attached Files:

• 105.jpg
      105.jpg
      File size:
      331.9 KB
      Views:
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

What a fun place to visit! And wifi? Russia is ahead of us. :)

In my next life I want to come back as you...or Lisa.:)

If I drank that beer that Lisa had you would have had to carry me back.

Ina I. Wonder and Terry Page like this.
  10. Terry Page

Registered

Friday's haircut didn't happen, Lisa talked me out of it as she likes my longer hair, maybe because it covers more of me up :rolleyes: We went for a walk and ended up at our usual restaurant for lunch instead.

I woke up on Saturday feeling flat and really couldn't get going at all, managed a couple of forum posts than spent most of the time in bed, feeling low in spirits, I didn't even want to go on the forum, not felt this way for many years.
    Had to get up eventually as we had a dinner invite to the couple we entertained a while ago. After a shower and getting dressed I felt a bit better and we made the hour or so journey to the city outskirts on metro and bus. As the evening progressed with the help of wine I felt more or less normal.
    Today apart from being a bit slow due to the wine I feel fine, odd how these moods pass through us with no apparent cause.

11. Terry Page

Registered

A couple of pics from last nights dinner

picture2.jpg Picture1.jpg

12. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I had to play catch up with this thread. I don't know how I manage to miss something that is so enjoyable and intriguing. I have lots to do today and shouldn't be here but you got me….mesmerized. All the while, listening to your beautiful classical music from post #29. That squirrel has siamese cat coloring….interesting. We only have grey ones in the US except in Brevard, NCarolina we have white ones…pure white and very rare but I've seen them a few times.

Terry Page likes this.
  13. Terry Page

Registered

We went out for a long walk this morning in the winter sun, returned in the winter snow, calling for lunch at a local restaurant called "The Orient Express" which has been here for about 20 years evidently, and is fitted out as a sort of train carriage, though less so than it used to be, The food was good and as it was snowing when we left, so we were thankful it was only a couple of hundred yards back to Lisa's apartment.

walk.jpg pic111.jpg walk2.jpg

14. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with Lisa…I like your long hair better than having a Russian Cut. I like the cozy restaurant. How much snow are you expecting? Beware of Seasonal Depression as it seems like you haven't had much sunshine where you are. Supplement with Vitamin D3, Bs, and some fresh raw kale (for energy) everyday. Massage the kale until it's bright green or steam it ever so slightly so you don't lose any active nutritional value. If Russia doesn't have kale then spinach will do.

Terry Page likes this.
  15. Terry Page

Registered

Well having spent a day without the internet or electricity for that matter we survived :rolleyes: mainly by going out for a long walk in -5c :eek: and each having our haircut en-route to the new Greek restaurant in the main street here, we both enjoyed ourselves there and finally came home to darkness until an hour or so later when power was restored.

The food in the restaurant was really Greek tourist food so nothing to rave about but a comfortable warm place and a good local dark beer, so all was good. We spent a couple of hours planning next summers vacation which is not so easy to work out, but we will get there in the end. I guess we are lucky having a vacation to plan in the first place. :)

The restaurant is in a building which was until recently the German bank I used to get my cash from, so it felt a bit odd but they have transformed the place so it's hardly recognisable.

A few pics I took

greek.jpg greek2.jpg greek5.JPG greek4.jpg greek3.jpg