Tell Me Your Favorite Pizza Ingredients

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Susan Long, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I like my pizza to have sauage, green peppers and mushrooms. I don't eat pizza often, the cheese does not agree with me.

2. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

• Olive oil
    • Cornmeal (to help slide the pizza onto the pizza stone)
    • Tomato sauce (smooth, or puréed)
    • Mozzarella cheese, grated
    • Parmesan cheese, grated
    • Feta cheese, crumbled
    • Mushrooms, thinly sliced
    • Bell peppers, stems and seeds removed, thinly sliced
    • Italian sausage, cooked ahead and crumbled
    • Chopped fresh basil
    • Pesto
    • Pepperoni, thinly sliced
    • Onions, thinly sliced
    • Ham, thinly sliced

Those are the ingredients I use for my pizza, but I don't do it that often.
    Here's the full recipe for it:
    Read more: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/homemade_pizza/#ixzz3SYeMyX9j

3. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

Veggies on a pizza are a big thing to me, too. When I make them myself I always use green peppers, onions, home dried tomato pieces (on top, not excluding a homemade sauce) and olives (green or black). If I have them I add mushrooms or broccoli. Even yellow squash is good. And, of course, whatever different kinds of meats and cheeses I happen to have that I can throw on there.
    What you really reminded me of, though, is the little Greek pizza place Ken (my husband) and I love. We ALWAYS order a veggie special and then add gyro meat. We've been going there and doing that since before we were married twenty-one years ago. They make the best pizzas and the veggies are always really chunky and fresh. It's the kind of pizza you have to eat with a fork--so heavy with rich cheeses and all the other ingredients.
    It is absolutely the best pizza I've ever eaten, though I'm fond of my own, too. My own, though, I tend to make so that you can pick up a slice if you want to. Plus, sometimes I like to make calzones instead.

Susan Long likes this.
  4. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

My wife finally bought a pizza pan, and now she can make restaurant-like pizzas. I usually like it with just tomato sauce, cheese and ham, but she recently started adding corn in it, and it's absolutely fantastic this way.

Susan Long likes this.