Tell Me What Kind Of Day You Will Have Today. Here's Mine

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Sunny here approaching 70 plus today. Was fed up with small Walmart always out of what i want, so went myself to the large store. I even found me a new purse for $9 -wow. I keep downsizing things and this one is even smaller. Works for me.
    Put up dishes, make up bed, may do a load of wash- all while His highness watches tv...smh..oh well least we know where he is at.
    At my wits end with neighbors upstairs and their noise and barking dogs. May file complaint with animal control.
    That s about it for today except making dinner later..Ta Taa:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Tree job at 7 AM. Back home to cook fried okra, red beans, rice, corn muffins, at noon. Off to do a bid. Got the gig. Back home for a nap. Off to shop with Janet. Home. Back out to return Amazon junk. Back home to write a tree report, send out an invoice. Doing filing, now.

No rest, for the wicked....

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My day started at 3 a.m. with sorting all my auction items to give to my grandbabies. Then drove my sister to work stopping at
    MuckDonald's :D for her breakfast. Listened to one of my favorite jazz CDs on the way home. Will wash my hair so it will like nice for my new driver's license picture next week. Plan to do a lot of things today but it depends on how long to get my hair together.:rolleyes:

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, it's a beautiful day here today so I might sit outside for a while and piddle with the flowerbeds. I'm expecting a grocery delivery around 2 p.m. Last night my 19-year old dishwasher decided to die a dramatic death; the pump finally gave out on the Kitchenaid. So the hubby dragged the wet-dry vac in and emptied the water while I hand-washed the dishes.

I got online and ordered a Bosch dishwasher from Lowe's, to be delivered on April 5. I had to search to find a brand "made in the USA" as that is my quest these days. I see that Kitchenaid is also still manufactured in America but the Bosch has better reviews.

When my husband went to exercise the generator in the RV this week, he found that the house batteries are dead, so that's another expense. Plus it needs 6 new 22.5" tires... gah.

upload_2021-3-25_12-4-13.png

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Bosch makes quality appliances. That will be my choice for my next appliance. My day here has been good. I got in my 5-mile walk and 3 bags cans to the deposit redemption center. I don't drink pop and seldom beer but my V8 juice cans and water bottles have a 10 cent deposit on them. Other than that, just messing about on the computer and trying to reach the next level in PBA bowling on my iPad. Stormy-looking day with some dark clouds, but no rain yet. Lots of lawn work to do, but waiting for a warmer day.

Von Jones and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We have rain. We have lightning and of course that stuff that goes with it uh....yeah, thunder. A bunch of wind and the probability of having a few tornadoes ripping around is in the forecast.

So, I guess I’ll sit on my front porch and watch the fireworks and mess with the Ipad as much as I can until I get driven inside.
    Other than that, maybe a good workout or maybeeeee...catch some zzzzz’s? Could be. I’m retired and still sore from yesterday’s workout so I’ll probably do whatever I want when whatever urge hits me at the time.

Ya’ll can tell that I am highly motivated today.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

"the best-laid plans of mice and men oft go astray."

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I seriously believe that the good Lord gets a kick out of it when I tell Him what MY plans are.

9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Today is the opening day of the flea market, whoohoo! It's dark and raining but that's not going to stop me cause it's OPENING DAY AT THE FLEA MARKET! Whoohoo!

I greeted the staff with that as I paid my $1. Then my son and I sat for an hour as it rained but IT'S OPENING DAY AT THE FLEA MARKET! WHOOHOO!

Didn't leave the Jeep just watched as die harders like me came to check opening day out.

Such satisfaction just to be at the opening day.:)

Taken between wiper swipes.

Opening day at the Flea Market 005.jpg

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Just ducky Von, just ducky!

11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Gee Von, it must be opening day at the Flea Market....WooHoo!
    Love ya Von, made my morning!

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Oh yay! I love your flea market finds, Von.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, since we now have the Cowboy Channel, part of the day is watching "live" rodeo and part of it was watching the tv series about Aretha Franklin.

We will be waiting until the middle of April before eating inside of a restaurant. Our first "eat-in" will be at Golden Corral Buffet, since I still have a Veterans Day Meal Card for a free meal there.

Von Jones and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It appears that our Golden Corral Buffet went completely out of business, or at least it has been closed for the past year. Is the one where you live open now, @Cody Fousnaugh ?
    Today it is colder than yesterday, but the weather is sunny again, after the storms for the last few days. Our plan for today is to go to the fitness center when it opens this afternoon. Sundays are short hours, only 1-4PM, so we will be there by 1 this afternoon, and done by 2PM.
    I am enjoying being able to swim again, but I have found that since my body is totally out of swimming shape right now, we are going to go to the fitness center every other day for a while until both Bobby and myself are ready for an everyday approach again.

Von Jones likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Today is my nephew's funeral and I'm upset that I am unable to attend. So a sad day for me, and for my sister. It's rainy and dark today so the weather matches my mood.