Teenage Rebellion

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Sir Walter Pasty, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Sir Walter Pasty

Sir Walter Pasty Veteran Member
    Registered

What was your worst act of teenage rebellion?

Mine was probably getting a skinhead haircut at 14!

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

This is an easy one for me. None.:( I was well trained. ;)

Only rebelled after I left home. Escaped just in the nick of time. LOL

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Tattoos and smoking. I quit smoking but can't seem to get rid of the tattoos.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I was a right little rebel, so if I thought about it there would be a lot probably, but ..I ran away from home when I was 15.....

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Too embarrassed to say what I did, but one of the things was changing a bad grade into a good grade, as in an F to an A or B. Step parents would congratulate me for the grade, sign the report card, give it back to me and I'd erase the lines I put to make the A or B and turn it in at school. Hey, my step-dad pretty much demanded that I take a drafting class, that I absolutely hated and got an F in. He wanted me to be as mathematically minded as he was...…….wasn't going to happen!

I did take an Algebra class, but that also was beyond me. I was able to cheat on the semester exam by gazing to the side of me and copying from another student. Actually got an A on that exam. Another good thing, I didn't get caught "gazing".

6. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

I always flew under the radar, all of my rebellious vices went unnoticed or were perhaps ignored by my mother and stepfather.

Sir Walter Pasty likes this.
  7. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I was too scared of my parents to rebel much. Not that they were strict disciplinarians; they were pretty lenient. I just believed when my dad said "do that and you'll be locked in the basement until you're 30, that I would be." It never occurred to me to just go ahead and do it anyway, as my younger sisters did.

When I did do a few sneaky things, I suffered the agony of the damned fearing they'd find out.

8. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Being a middle child, I also flew under the radar.
    Not that I needed to be invisible, I'd learned early on
    the 'Carrot and stick' metaphor and it served me well.

Seemed to me that if I 'toed the line' good things would happen
    and normally they did.

My brothers would ask why 'Tim' got to do such and such and the
    reply was " He never gives us any problems, unlike you and your brother..."

How to be trusted is one of the best things I learned from my Dad.

This set me on my long, happy life of conformity.:)

9. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Another question giving me food for thought, Sir Walter. Was I a bit of a rebel? I'm afraid not. On the one hand, I didn't know who/what to rebel against. My mother loved me and I loved her. And, on the other hand, I was too preoccupied with my illnesses and busy trying to find my feet in life that there was no energy and thoughts left for any rebellion.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If my dad hadn't died when I was 12 years old I would have been far less rebellious than I ended up being in my teen years. He was the strict one while my Mom just nurtured us and didn't seem to have a clue as to how to discipline any of her nine children. I'm to embarrassed to talk about my biggest rebellion also...but let's just say that after that rebellion I grew up a lot and started setting my own limits in my life.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, another rebellion thing I did, and not really embarrassed to tell it...……..in the later part my Senior year of high school, I was finally able to buy my first car. It was an old Chevy Bel Air. It was sitting in a corn field and I paid $75 for it. Got the car, but had no DL or insurance yet. I was told that I couldn't take the car out on the road until I had a DL and insurance. Well...…..there were times that my parents would go into 'Busco for groceries and I'd stay at home. After I could see the dust clear from the road they were on, and knew they were on the highway, I slipped into the car and drove it down the road and back home. It felt so cool to finally drive! One time, I just barely made it back home, before I could see them coming home.

My parent (guardians) were very strict and all of the neighbor kids that I rode the school bus with knew it. They sure weren't the most popular parents in the neighborhood...…….to those kids.

Sir Walter Pasty and Bobby Cole like this.