Teeccino Herbal Coffee

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This week, I have been on a detox regimen, and part of the detox is that no coffee is allowed, and I have been drinking the detox teas instead. I can feel the diffference in my body already, so it is definitely worth doing it for me; but I sure missed my morning coffee.
    Especially the first morning ! I woke up to smelling Bobby's fresh pot of coffee, and thought it was a tragedy to have to drink detox tea.
    Anyway, now I am fine with that; but still missed the taste of fresh coffee. I read through the information again about what is allowed on the detox cleanse, and one of the things they said we could have was herbal coffee.
    Except for Postum, and the instant coffee substitute Roma, I really didn't have much experience with an herbal coffee; but I looked up Teeccino (the brand they suggested) on amazon, and of course, there was a great selection, and it comes in all sorts of flavors. I ended up getting the 11 oz size bags of the loose stuff and it can be brewed just like coffee, and it was a set of three flavors. Next I will probably try the sampler pack, which comes with little tea-bags to make it.
    Today, it arrived and so I had to hurry and make myself a cup and see what it tasted like. I tried the Vanilla flavor first, and the aroma when I opened the bag was almost heavenly. I have a one-cup coffee maker; so I made a cup, and it tasted delicious !
    It is naturally somewhat sweet, and I didn't need to add any sweetener to it to make it taste good. I added just a little of my protein drink as a creamer (since dairy products are not on the cleanse) and a bit of coconut oil, and blended in the Ninja. It was as good as any of my morning bulletproof coffee has ever been, and I am totally happy with this as a caffeine-free coffee substitute .
    Plus, it is made with things like roasted chicory, and barley, carob, figs, dates, and other natural products, and most everything in it was labeled organic.
    So, here is the website for anyone who is interested in this kind of healthy drink, and although it is fairly expensive, it really does not cost any more than the bags of good quality coffee sell for, and it didn't take much to make the cup of herbal coffee.
    Some grocery stores also carry this, according to what I read on the website, one Whole Foods is apparently one of them. I have never seen it at kroger, but next trip I will check and see if they have this drink.

http://teeccino.com/

Don Alaska, Bobby Cole and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

I really like this herbal coffee ! I have tried the vanilla flavor and the chocolate flavor, and both of them are really rich and delicious. The chocolate one is almost like having a cup of hot chocolate, but it is not all full of sugar like regular hot chocolate is.
    Today I got a fresh coconut at the grocery store, and opened it, and pulverized the coconut meat in the food processor. Tonight, I took some of the coconut , the coconut water, and some almond milk and blended it all in the Vitamix, and then added a scoop of protein powder, plus a little cinnamon and nutmeg.
    It turned out really rich and creamy, and tomorrow that is what I am going to use instead of regular cream. I have been having a cup of regular coffee first thing because Bobby always has a pot made, and then if I want more, I make the herbal coffee.
    It comes in quite a few flavors, and next month I want to order a different sampler pack and try some new flavors of this.

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Augusta Heathbourne

Augusta Heathbourne Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

This is the version of the product sold in Australia, and I love it. Besides dandelion it contains chicory. Chicory contains chicoric acid - which is supposed to help prevent memory loss, according to recent articles in the paper such as the following:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315183.php

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Joe cartoons always put a smile on my face

6. Yvonne Smith

I have been drinking some of the Teeccino herbal coffee again, and just went to their website to check out the sampler packs. they have some sampler packs on Amazon, but the Teeccino website has a wider variety, plus excellent information about each of the blends and how it is beneficial for your health.

I ordered a 10-pack coffee sampler, it was cheaper than on Amazon, plus free shipping, and a first-order 10% discount coupon. So I am excited about trying these out when they arrive.
    Orange, Mocha , Java, Vanilla, Chocolate Mint, Maca Chocolate, Maya Chai, French Roast, Almond Amaretto, Hazelnut.
    https://teeccino.com/

7784837E-2708-4237-B084-9F8C4F844BFE.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We will go there tonight and check it out.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Here is a quick video on making bulletproof coffee with coconut oil in it. You will need a blender to homogenize the oil into the coffee.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

That looks good and I will try it soon and let you know how I like it, but I know I will.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Teeccino Chicory Herbal Coffee: Vanilla Nut, Hazelnut & Mocha Review

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

I think that if you get any coffee substitute and expect to compare it to coffee flavor, you will be disappointed. It is a flavor all its own. It also depends a lot on how you make it.
    At first, I put too much of the Teeccino in the coffee maker and it was just too strong and i didn’t like the flavor. Now that I have learned to use less, I get the delicious flavors and it is not overwhelming.
    I have been drinking. Some that I had from before, but I am looking forward to my new sampler pack arriving and trying the new flavors.

I also have the instant Chicoraya, which is a chicory coffee substitute , and it is simple to make because i just need to heat water. I have alternated between the two varieties, depending on whether I want to use the 1-cup coffee maker or just heat up some water and make instant.
    To me, the flavors are rich and complex, and the coffee is pretty blah compared to the Teeccino.

Joe Riley likes this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Among the comments:
    'Like an apple and pear are much similar, you enjoy them for who they are.... same with comparing coffee and teeccino. If you eat an apple wanting a pear taste you may be greatly disappointed in such expectations.'

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

I have been reading a little online about the health benefits of mushroom coffee blends. Some of the ones I have seen advertised are pretty expensive, like the ones that show up on my Facebook feed.
    There are several kinds of healing mushrooms that are used for making the different coffee blends, with a variety of health benefits.
    https://thehealthygnome.com/mushroom-coffee-benefits/

I was looking on the Teeccino website, and they have a sampler pack set of their mushroom coffees, which has six of the mushroom varieties, as well as three of the Prebiotic ones, which help promote gut health.
    They are all made with the herbal coffee blends, so they do not acidify your body, and the herbs used (like dandelion root) help heal your liver, kidneys, and digestive system.
    Healthy this upcoming year is going to be me ! !

The sampler packs each make about 6 cups of coffee, so you can have a good trial of each one and see what appeals to you to drink. I actually use less than the recommended amount per cup, so I probably will get more than six cups of each blend.
    If you decide to order, you can get a coupon for a 10% discount on the first order, and the sampler packs are cheaper than on Amazon and have free shipping.

E9D962CB-7BB0-4913-B776-4E30FFBD23A7.jpeg

15. Yvonne Smith

My special mushroom ‘prebiotic Teeccino herbal coffees just arrived this morning ! I am about to try a mug of the chaga ashwagandha butterscotch cream blend.

4DDB86AD-2113-45D7-846E-8EFA3BFF8894.jpeg

John Brunner likes this.