Tattoos

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Tom Locke, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

As ussuaal you fhave the answer that should be proclaimied around the world. Congratulations isand thanks for your input to this important discussion.

Mary Robi likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Faye, your post (#300) right above mine here, is partially true and partially not true. Like it or not, I've heard numerous people use the "tramp stamp" and "Buckly Bunny" phrases.

Like I can't stop young folks from getting real or fake tattoos or facial piercing, you can't stop those that wish to use either phrase in describing something or who they feel.

I don't know about ranch rodeos, but I darn sure know about PRCA rodeos and how/why there are those young ladies that dress the way they do. In the movie, 8 Seconds (about Lane Frost), somehow a female fan found Lane's motel room at a rodeo. She wanted his autograph for her nephew and Lane invited her into his room. Lane was married at the time, but his wife (a Barrel Racer) decided to go out to dinner with a Calf Roper friend that she knew before meeting Lane. So, they both cheated on each other. The point was that the fan was a "Buckle Bunny" that was highly attracted to Lane. It was a movie, but I believe it has really happened and perhaps still does.

Funny that both of the phrases are described in the Internet, whether you think the info given is fake/lie or not.

There are those that will/do think you are completely right in your explanation, but, to a point you're definitely not. There will be those that will continue to say both. Just a fact.

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

As usual, you missed the point of my post. It was directly about tattoos and judgments. When you tell me what I posted was partly false based on a movie or your concepts (opinions), you ended this discussion. I won't engage and get banned again over such foolishness.

Al Amoling and Mary Robi like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

The movie included the "Buckle Bunny" phrase. That was most definitely part of your reply about the two phrases "Tramp Stamp" and "Buckle Bunny". Both, of which you don't like, but many people say.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh. My. GOD. Make it stop.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sorry, Beth, just isn't going to happen! You have your opinions about certain things and we do to. You express those opinions and we do also.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I do not know how Yvonne does it.
    She faithfully goes throughout the entire forum and reads just about everything every day.
    As it is, if the alert didn’t have your name on it, I would have avoided the entire thing.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think we might all wish for that; but until the main participants quit quarreling like toddlers; it is going to continue.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

These facts should put a stop to it!

“Buckle Bunny” first appeared in a publication in 1985, written by Linda Sue Rosoff, under the title “Documentation of Rodeo Culture”. It was the writer's invention for sexy dressed rodeo women based on sexy women skiers being known as "snow bunnies." It wasn't heard even at rodeos until the late 1990s. The term wasn't defined until 2003 when the ONLINE URBAN DICTIONARY defined it.

The term "bunnies" for sexy women goes back to the early days of Playboy and Hugh Heffner.

"Tramp Stamp" was never heard of or seen in print until the mid to late 1990s when LOW RISE jeans became popular. Before super low-rise jeans, a lower back tattoo wouldn't be seen. It was also defined by the ONLINE URBAN DICTIONARY!

These terms as have been many others, only became common usage because of the internet. Great terms for the judgemental types to label women that they feel are lesser humans than they.

These are the facts as best that can be found through research and also talking to numerous rodeo contestants of the past. All agree that the derogatory meaning of both was first known in 2003 thanks to the Urban Dictionary and the popularity of super low-rise tight jeans that were the style for many young women.

With that, I will depart this thread.

Mary Robi likes this.
  10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I sure hope you aren't referring to me as quarreling like a toddler. I have stuck to the facts and my personal experiences and don't consider that quarreling. I have made a great effort not to be personal against anyone. I am off of this thread now for good. I wish Ken would lock such threads.

Mary Robi likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It does not do any good for Ken to lock threads because people just start another thread about the same topic. We usually try to merge the threads, like has happened with the tattoo threads several times, but that only stops the forum from having 12 threads about the same exact topic and does not stop people from posting their opinions.

Bobby Cole and Cody Fousnaugh like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yvonne isn't picking on you, she simply sees us as quarreling like toddlers............you and I. This just happens to be a topic that we disagree on, just like there are topics that other members of this forum disagree on.

We both have our own opinions and experience's and many do in this forum. Some express those opinions/experiences decently, but we just seem not to not do that.........very much, anyway.

If Yvonne or Ken says something about me, I truly understand why they are saying it to me.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Issues, please - not people. Just stop.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Ken Anderson

When I was a meta editor with the Open Directory Project, we had a couple of editors who both edited the Indian flutes category. As they were both involved in the (apparently competitive) Indian flute business, they were constantly fighting over stuff having to do with that category, one that none of us would have even looked at otherwise. Today, twenty-five years later, that comes up whenever Michelle and I hear an Indian flute. Oh, no! Not Indian flutes! Please don't ruin rodeos for me.

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

How about we just return to the subject of tattoos?