Tattoos

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Tom Locke, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Seen a young waitress in a sports bar last night...…..she was pretty heavy-set for a waitress and tats on both arms, including hands and both legs. In our opinion, UGLY!!

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Did you ask her what she prefers to be called?

Obese, overweight, fat?

http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/the-n-word.9763/page-2#post-271380

Just a link so you understand my reference

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I may be banned for this but in my opinion you're UGLY...on the inside.

Now you can put me on ignore...

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don’t have any tattoos, and never wanted one; but I have seen some that I think are really tasteful and look nice, like a butterfly on the shoulder or something similar.
    The people that are covered with really ugly/gruesome types of tattoos and usually body piercings is what I don’t like. Some of them would probably scare an aborigine ! (The ones with the bones in their nose)

If you enjoy having tattoos, I really don’t see any reason why you should not do that, @Hoot Crawford , so I think that it is great that you finally did something that you have wanted to do for a long time.
    As you said, you are not hurting anyone else, and I seriously doubt if your Hula Girl is going to scare people off.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just because YOU seem to accept everything in life, sure doesn't mean everyone has to! Love to see you say that to my wife's face. Nope, not putting you on "Ignore". Enjoy your comments too much...…...even the bad ones towards me. LOL

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Now, Chrissy can talk about you, because of what I highlighted in red. I don't want to be the only one on this forum being pick on.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Sorry @Cody Fousnaugh but I won't oblige you...there is a huge difference between Yvonne and you.

Yvonne is fair and the kindest person I know.

8. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

p.s. - I forgot one detail - please do not tell my mother about my tats. She doesn't approve of such things, and would ground me for a month if she found out....

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Mum's the word. :)

Hoot Crawford likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

So you will be the guy always wearing long shirts (summer and winter) when you go to visit your mom, right, Hoot ? Don’t forget that she might see pictures you post on facebook, too.
    I sure wouldn’t want you thinking that it was either myself or Chrissy that tipped her off about those tattoos !

11. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

lol - a short sleeve shirt covers them up - that was planned. And she's 95 and doesn't do FB. I do know that one of my older brothers ratted me out when I bought the Harley.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

My wife was extremely glad that I changed my mind about getting a small Eagle tattooed on each arm, before I met her. "I wouldn't have had anything to do with you if you had tattoos." Sure glad I didn't get them. But, it was sure in my thought banks some years before meeting her.

An old buddy of mine had his ex-wife's name tattooed on his shoulder. His new wife complained about it, saying, "how would you feel if I had the name of an old boyfriend on my arm?" He completely understood and had it filled in with something. Could never tell it was there and that made his new wife very happy.

13. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh "I wouldn't have had anything to do with you if you had tattoos."

Truly ridiculous, IMO. A tattoo is a form of scar, it never goes away. Have you any scars at all from mishaps, perhaps, as a child? Almost everyone does, at least a couple on the front of the shins. If you are not scar-free, she should have shunned you.

This is beyond my ability to comprehend, reacting with revulsion to a tattoo. I have scars on my arms from working on cars. Should my wife leave me?
    Frank

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

It might be elusive to some people, but I was merely describing a type of tattoo, and not passing judgement on any specific human being.

15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Frank Sanoica, tattoos are self-mutilation, not just scars. There is a difference between scars received as part of life, and deliberate mutilation of one's skin. Piercings are similar but vary in degree more than tats. I have found that those with large tattoos (not little crosses or butterflies) generally have a poor self-image or a bad body image. It is a little like the "cutting" that some people do, especially girl and young women,