Tattoos

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Tom Locke, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Anyone take a look at Zombie Boy? Still wondering about those young folks who don't want any tats and never wear their baseball cap backwards. Funny, didn't see any young folks at the rodeo in Cheyenne with tats and/or wearing a baseball cap backwards. Guess those two things just don't fit the "rodeo" image.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    The "rodeo" image sounds conventional in most ways. Fine with me!
    Frank

3. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

We used to have a saying here in Texas left is right, right is usually wrong and both maybe a female, on ear rings, you can fill in rest. I have none and really never wanted any just lots of scars and stiches marks.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Tex Dennis
    What, no bullet hole scars? :);)

5. Tex Dennis

Registered

Not a one! Scars yes not from ammunition. Do JP4 burns count?

Another saying popular here "Rather be a roper than a doper" lots of bumper stickers like that around.

6. Vinny Waccio

Vinny Waccio Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I like artistic tattoos, not the ones that are placed randomly and look amateurish. Some are truly works of art. However I know a few guys and girls who are tatted up to their ears and chin. As a result it makes it difficult go get a good job in many industries. We hired telemarketers so a lot of people who could not hide their tattoos with clothes came to work for us and told me how prejudice so many job interviewers are. Even the military is cracking down. So I advise young people to think about the placement of their tattoos because you never know where your life will take you. Also never have the name of a lover or wife written on your anywhere. The next girlfriend usually does not like to be reminded. :)

7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Vinny Waccio
    Have you ever heard the rumor about Angelina Jolie's strategically located ex-boyfriend's name tattooed? My remark about it on that other senior forum got me kicked out! The tattoo is said to be on her vulva (ulp). Perfectly acceptable (to me anyhow) word relating to anatomy, AFAI concerned. Your remark recommending caution reminded me: I wonder what the next boyfriend thinks of it?
    Frank

8. Tex Dennis

Registered

Saw one like that one time saying "The buck stops here"

For me I have been tempted 1 time but no and just not my thing at all none of my close friends have them, just not for me at all. What or where is up to the person.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, I call Jacksonville, FL "tattoo heaven" for those that love tattoos. Having tattoos on arms, legs, chest, neck is totally accepted here. We seen some in northern Colorado when we were there, but not even nearly as popular, and as many, as we see here. That made us happy. And, there, we didn't see young guys wearing their baseball caps backwards, like we see a lot of here.

Apparently just a different type of people there than here.

10. Tex Dennis

Registered

I have sat in before on employment interviews where an applicant had many tats and was not hired due to appearance also piercings. My ex daughter inlaw looked like a sales person for a nail & keyring store with all she had, and wondered why she could never find a decent job also covered in ink looking like a Christmas card. She is the type to always blame others for her mistakes in life.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, I love it when someone says "a company can't discriminate concerning tattoos and body piercings". I say, "wanna bet". The person being interviewed simply doesn't get a call back for another interview or a job offer. HR aka Personnel Dept., has a way of not hiring a person , due to whatever, if they see fit to and absolutely nothing a potential employee can do about it.

However, here, Walmart does hire people with tattoos and don't make them cover them up. Another place that would hire people with numerous tattoos is a traveling amusement ride company. I've been to county fairs where, some of the big ride operators, were pretty much covered in tattoos. I would also say that any Harley-Davidson dealer would hire people with numerous tats.

So, there are jobs out there they can get, but there are really big companies out there that won't or perhaps not.

12. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    You would absolutely get a kick out of seeing the "sliders" driven in Phoenix, seemingly with no driver! They remove the front seat, sitting on the floor, to keep their anatomy as low and unseen as possible: less visible as a target. Frank

13. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    I've often wondered, considering how non-descript some of these over-tattooed folks are: where do they get the dough to have them done? It certainly ain't cheap. I saw a tiny image quoted for $250. Suggests covering the body with dozens of big ones must cost thousands. For my way of thinking, someone covered with tattoos looks like sh!t! Frank

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Just had a thought regarding tattooing and it's permanency, perhaps someone knows the answer. If tattoo is placed over area heavily covered with hair, shaved first of course, will the hair all grow back as it was, thereby hiding the tattoo?
    Frank

15. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

As is my wont, I'm in the minority here. Got my first tat at age 63 (hula girl on upper right arm) in Florida when I bought my Harley, second at age 70 (mermaid on upper left arm) while I lived in Hawaii, and #3 & 4 last summer (4 aces on left pec, dice on right) here in Phoenix. I figured that at my age, as long as I wasn't hurting anyone else, it was okay to let my inner wild child express itself. Born to be wild. Had my new lady friends initial included in the dice tat.

They are all old school, "Sailor Jerry" designs. Next time your are in the liquor department, find a bottle of Sailor Jerry rum, and my hula girl is on the label.