Tattoo's: Like, Dislike, Don't Care

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Greeter
    Moderator Registered

It might be elusive to some people, but I was merely describing a type of tattoo, and not passing judgement on any specific human being.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica, tattoos are self-mutilation, not just scars. There is a difference between scars received as part of life, and deliberate mutilation of one's skin. Piercings are similar but vary in degree more than tats. I have found that those with large tattoos (not little crosses or butterflies) generally have a poor self-image or a bad body image. It is a little like the "cutting" that some people do, especially girl and young women,

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, we (wife and I) still don't like today's tattoos that go from the top of the shoulder, down the arm and to the hand and sometimes includes the top part of the hand. I think I've said this before, but Jacksonville, Florida is "tattoo heaven". Have never/ever seen as many tattoos as I have here.

A very nice looking young black lady, who is a singer on America's Got Talent, was put thru to the Finals by public voting on Tuesday night. Everything is beautiful about her, including her singing, EXCEPT her left arm is completely tattooed from shoulder to hand. Such beauty and then the tattoos! Sort of like seeing a beautiful young white girl smoking a cigarette. For us, the tattoos and cigarettes definitely take away from the beauty.

Don't agree with me, that's fine, but many people do and would.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Tattoos belong on the upper arms of China sailors and on the Tattooed Ladies in the freak shows of circuses.

Hal

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

Just like our feeling, wife and I, but, Hal, there are those that will disagree and really disagree with you. Some of them right here in this Thread.

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Of course there are people that disagree....that's your problem, you can't seem to understand that.

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

Women and men that cover themselves in tattoos 'is' ugly 'to me'
    Can't be helped if I find them repulsive - its up to them if they want them, but I don't have to like them either

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Tattoos are self-mutilation. Whatever they say about the person with the tattoo, it's not a compliment. I agree. That said, I have tattoos that I put on while I was in high school. They are not even particularly well done, but I'm stuck with them. Removal is too expensive.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I personally hate tattoos...but by your definition wouldn't pierced ears be self mutilation also...I have pierced ears and see nothing wrong with that...some people just draw the line in the sand in a different place.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Mutilation yes, but not as obvious. If you're not wearing earrings, no one notices that your ears are pierced and when you are, they see only the earring.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

But it's still self mutilation.:)

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Greeter
    Moderator Registered

This is basically how I look at this as well. Wearing a tattoo somewhere is one thing, but covering your body with them is a totally different thing.
    I have seen ladies with a delicate butterfly tattoo that I thought looked attractive, or even a little flower.
    But some of these people have such ugly tattoos covering their body, that they almost no longer look like a human being.

Chrissy brought up the subject of pierced ears, and I feel about the same way about that.
    I have pierced ears, too, as do many, many women, and I think that earrings can really set off a person’s facial appearance .
    However, when the piercings are extreme, then they are just about the same as the extensive tattoos, and they disfigure the face.

However, since all of it is up to the person to decide how they want to look, they can make the decision, but like Patsy says, we don't have to like it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018 at 2:16 PM
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.