Taliban Bombs Pakistan Park On Easter, Targeting Christians

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems the Taliban has taken credit for the Easter day blast that took place at a children's park in Lahore, Pakistan, where Easter celebrations were being held. As of the last report, 69 were killed, and 341, were injured, many of them women and children. Here's an article about the incident, from CNN.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  2. Karen McKenzie

Karen McKenzie Veteran Member
    Registered

Very sad. These people were targeted because they are Christian. I think Christians are very persecuted everywhere in the Mideast. I'm actually amazed there any left.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Karen McKenzie : Beyond persecution, IMO, Karen, this sort of thing is madness bred of fanaticism. Are Security Forces which supposedly are present at such celebrations in "cahoots" with such villainry? Frank

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

They're also targeted a lot in parts of Africa. It's been going on for years, and people are finally starting to speak out. @Frank Sanoica from what I saw, there's not usually much security at that park, which is perhaps why the bombers chose it. It seems Pakistan is very unsafe for Christians these days. I'd hate to have to pick up my family and potentially lose everything, but I don't think I could live somewhere I didn't feel safe, or free to practice my religion.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Pakistan is now nearing a state of collapse, largely due to corruption in the government (sound familiar?). The Taliban is waiting along the border armed with all those high-tech weapons this administration left behind for them in the first of many miscalculations by the geniuses in the Biden Administration. Should Pakistan fall to the Taliban, the Taliban would then possess nuclear weapons. Does that make anyone feel comfortable?

6. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can’t keep things straight. I know the Sunni and Shia sects have little tolerance for each other but are the ones predominant in Pakistan of the same sect as the ones in Iran?