Suspended From Facebook

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don’t think that controlling what is allowed on Facebook is actually affecting our right to free speech, @Martin Alonzo . Since Facebook is not a public website, it is a company, and owned by Mark Zuckerburg; so he gets to decide what is allowed on his website.
    It is the same principle as any privately owned publication or even a real property, such as a house.
    We all have the right to decide what kind of language or behavior we want to allow in our own homes, and if a visitor is not willing to abide by our household rules, then we can tell them to leave.

Obviously, Facebook is promoting a liberal agenda, but as far as I can see, they have a perfect right to do that, and to censor anything that they do not want on the website.
    A good example is this forum. We are allowed to explain and discuss our thoughts and opinions on just about any topic; but rudeness and insulting other forum members is not allowed here.
    Some other ther forums do not have this kind of rules, and people can say whatever they choose.

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I heard somebody say that he quoted the Bible and talked about God. On Facebook, it was considered Hate Speech.

Mary Stetler, Faye Fox and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Facebook executives who are also government officials.
    00D9A1EE-BCB1-4555-A4C5-DBFC3BC36771.jpeg

4. Yvonne Smith

5. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Are you kidding me? Bummer. Funny, they never say a word about what I post.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I was suspended for 24 hours for something I had shared three years before, as their censorship bot will go back into your history.

Faye Fox and John Nopales like this.
  7. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Same use for them all as for the newspapers, elephantvision(haha - tv) , and so forth - to have a way, haphazard or controlled, to deceive as many people as possible. All over the world. The world's way.

Note that most email is censored actively.

John Nopales likes this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

That is a badge of honor Ken you must have done something right as they don't ban Antifa

9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Being banned from Facebook should be considered a benefit!

Hal

Faye Fox, John Nopales and Nancy Hart like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It seems that Youtube suspended him too.

I posted the Silent War video from Five Times August to my Facebook page a few days ago, which was the first post that I had made to my page there in months. It was an anti-everything-that's-going-on that Facebook supports video. The day before yesterday, when I tried to log in, there was a message that my account had been permanently suspended for having violated Facebook's community standards, and something about the decision not being appealable, although that wasn't the word they used and, of course, I was unable to access my page. However, this morning I went to my Facebook account to grab a screenshot of my suspension notice so that I could post it here, and it seems that I am no longer suspended, and the Silent War video is still there.

I don't know if it was a glitch or if one of their bots or a real person at Facebook changed their mind about it. If I was temporarily "permanently suspended," it may not have been the Silent War video that brought it about because I have frequently received scolding notices from Facebook for things that I had posted or shared years ago, as their censor bots apparently crawl through the pages, sending out warnings or suspensions.

Don Alaska, John Nopales and Jo White like this.
  11. Jo White

Jo White Well-Known Member
    Registered

Facebook is a place that could be good if it wasn't policed by Zuckerberg minions.

Long ago I posted this meme because it obviously sums up the entire easily-offended far left, and it was removed. I challenged the removal and they restored it. My guess is that they would not do so now.

161.jpg

12. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Likely it was removed by AI - artificial /computer bots automatically based on key word hit.
    After you challenged it, maybe a live person restored it, or just another bot.

Today ? It's possible , maybe obvious, that much worse is seen online and on most media every day, needing censored but the ones in charge like stirring up dissension , rivalry, contention, conflicts, wars, and so on.... who knows....

13. Jeff Elohim

Registered

I think this post was "pre-pandemic". Massive censorship on all websites practically became 'required' for websites that wanted to remain online. Multitudes of websites that even just 'allowed' the microbiologists or others to post the truth about the pandemic were very quickly censored or shut down.
    There are plenty of places online to find the truth about the virus theory, but requires searching and learning to vet/verify/ the information source and content if not known already.
    Some are sneaky - supposed health sites discussing the advantages of holistic or natural living, BUT then they add warning or cautions
    as if , for instance, vitamin C or the B vitamins should be restricted because they interfere with drugs. Duh, of course they interfere with drugs - people who get tested and take what they need, don't need drugs most of the time - so drug sales are lost.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  14. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

I did mention a women's lower back on facebook in reply to an audio they showed but use another word and got a days ban for bullying

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Worse than multi millionaires?
    There is a law against wire tapping but surprisingly, not against wireless tapping. The government and large companies (think alexa) can take your free speech and use it unbeknownst to you.