Suspended Classes Due To Bad Weather

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Corie Henson, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Metro Manila is hit by heavy rains since last week prompting the authorities to suspend classes yesterday, Monday and last night, there was the declaration that classes are again suspended today, Tuesday. And that's all because of the weather forecast for heavy rains that may cause flooding.

Funny, but Monday and Tuesday turned out to be good with the shining sun and just some drizzles, if any.

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Was it Manila that was just hit by a tornado? I saw it online and it sounded pretty severe, although the story stated that there were no casualties. Yes, here's a story with some information about homes damaged/destroyed. The picture I saw looked ominous, so I was really glad to hear that no one died. Here's a video clip about the incident, from The Weather Channel. I see you just posted today @Corie Henson, so I guess y'all weren't affected, which is good to know.

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

With this global warming of the oceans and the increase of hurricanes it must be on Mars.
    Here in the DR last year not even a tropical storm and this year nothing yet.We could use a little rain. tracks-at-2015.png tws_atl_latest.gif tracks-at-2015.png

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

You can have some of our rain, @Martin Alonzo. We've got plenty to spare, with some people flooded out of their homes and having lost it all, on top of many more of the same in Louisiana and Mississippi. It sure would be nice if the weather would even out and everyone could have just enough rain to keep things growing, the livestock watered, and the reservoirs filled.

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes Diane seems like the people who don’t want it, and the people who need it cannot have it.

I honestly think there is weather manipulation going on and it is not in our best interest.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Although last summer was even wetter, we seem to be getting more rain than we need here this summer. I guess we need it though, because we didn't have a lot of snow last winter and the lakes and rivers are down some.

7. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

I feel sorry for all those folks who got flood out of their homes. And those terrible wildfires in California. I am glad I live on the top of a really big hill. We have been getting our fair share of rain this week but we did need it as the summer has been so dry.