Suppression Of News

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

How hard it is get or find the truth thank goodness for the alternative media.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's an industry. Although censoring the Internet is beyond my capabilities, I have had a couple of clients who wanted to reduce the effects of some bad press, so we would create other sites and pages about the same topics, trying to knock the offensive ones down to somewhere beyond page two of the search engine results on the keywords that would usually bring them up, particularly those using the name of the client or the client's company. That's not the same thing, although it has the same effect, promoting positive pages so that the negative ones are not seen by very many people. We might also approach people whose web sites are commenting on whatever it is that the client wants to hide to see if there is a way to entice them to remove it. In one case, our client bought the domain and changed the content. In some cases, the threat of a lawsuit will do the job. Mostly though, we just created other pages to compete with the offensive ones. Of course, for the kind of money UC Davis is spending, a lot more can be done.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Martin Alonzo and Frank Sanoica like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson Seems what you are alluding to above is to me an incredibly intricate weaving of publicly known "fact" and interspersion of undocumented truths, augmented by outside influence thwarted by concomitant adversity, aimed at subverting some known truths outside of the conclave.

IOW, if you can understand what I wrote, I will claim to understand your write. No offense intended, pard'ner, I just don't follow this. Perhaps a good night's sleep........Frank

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I have seen over the years how search engines have changed and how some things get put into searches for example if you typed anti vaccine two years ago you would get the people who were anti vaccine. Now most of the web sites will say Oh I was anti vaccine and now I am pro vaccine. Interesting how they have redirected the search. This happened just after the movie Vaxxed came out.
    Also these pop ups that come up and say this is an untrustworthy web site. For who? For what reason? Who says so? Why do you say this? Someone who you do not know thinks you are not smart enough to know or make judgement on anything. So they need to keep you thinking like them.
    Virus protection is something totally different .

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The scary stuff comes into play when the search engines themselves enter the fray to suppress access to information, as Google has been known to do.

Martin Alonzo likes this.