Super Bowl 50 Party! Game, Commercials, & Halftime

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Lara Moss, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

After looking at the next posting, HAD to edit this (my mistake)........Broncos have NOT won enough..........absolutely no way!:D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Fun Mari!! Welcome to the party and your food sounds amazing! I'll make Ice Tea to wash it all down!

Okay, to balance it out, I'm staying with my own state, Carolina Panthers it is. I always like the underdog anyway. and I like the pretty Carolina Blue color :cool:

Bonnie, Thanks for the update Bonnie…I like the BLUE for Carolina…it's all about fashion, isn't it?

Cody, relax, I'm with you….Go Carolina Panthers! Except I think their logo is scary. I wish they'd change it to to this kitty…

images-2.jpeg images-3.jpeg

Von Jones and Ruby Begonia like this.
  3. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Actually the jersey itself looks mostly black I think (like that picture above). The trim is blue .. fashion expert that I am. :D
    <<< my kitty cat supports the Panthers.

Lara Moss likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We went to a local Ale House (where people drink beer/ale and there is numerous TV's) for the Playoff game between Denver and Pittsburgh. Talking about a DULL time! Jacksonville, Fl. sure isn't a Denver Bronco fan area. See a number of Steeler there, but they were quiet as well. It was like sitting in a Funeral Home! Only two "active people in the place were wife and I. Left, went home at half-time and watched the rest of the game. Had more fun at home and definitely cost less.

For the Super Bowl, looks like we will just stay at home, have munchies and Bud Light on hand and enjoy watching the game. I'm so extremely lucky, because my wife knows a LOT about NFL and loves watching the games. Years ago, nobody could've got me to watch an NFL game. Then started watching the Cowboys/Troy Aikman, Green Bay/Brett Favre and some other "Old Timers/now Hall of Famers" play. Got completely hooked on it.

Ruby Begonia and Lara Moss like this.
  5. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Hehehee Now @Lara Moss , that kitty wouldn't scare the timidest (is that even a word???) little mousie... how could it intimidate a whole football team of incredible hunks of the male species?! :p

Lara Moss likes this.
  6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad you saw the intended humor :D. Notice the remake of the frightening panther was someone who calls himself, "kissing susie kolber" so we couldn't expect much compromise there ;)

7. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

1452301583367.jpeg

How do you have "Vegan Wings"???
    Bottomless Mimosas and Beer (Root Beer for the non-drinkers) sound good!

Love the Health focus! We'll do this too! Didn't they spell "Streat Food" wrong???

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

So here is where the party is. I was smelling a party brewing. For those of us that do not drink, I'll bring the coffee and maybe some light cider. how does that sound?

For those of us that don't go out on these occasions it might be fun for some of us to be on the SO site while the game is playing. I know nothing of sports, so of course I'll have lots of stupid questions, but who knows maybe I'll learn something.

So can we have an online party on Sunday Super Bowl 50. Huh Lara? Huh? Can we? Pretty please?

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  9. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't touch anything alcoholic either, @Ina I. Wonder , so your coffee and cider sounds wonderful.

I used to like football... and the Super Bowl was a big thing for me, but it fizzled over the years. Actually I even have an old football injury :eek: but the interest is no longer there. I liked pro baseball even more years ago, but.... kind of grew out of that, too. :oops:

Ina I. Wonder and Ruby Begonia like this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

My old pal, Dunkin, will provide the coffee & doughnuts! The crew from the Hi-Goodbye will be at Lara's Party!:D
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Lara,it is so nice of you to open up your home, for the party! I thought blue and white balloons might decorate your beautiful closed in back porch, and then I thought of Ike and his blow gun!:eek:

GO TEAM!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  13. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't ever watch the halftime show. I'm not really interested in the commercials, the game is somewhat important, but the main thing about the superbowl is the FOOD.
    I'm bringing little smokies in bbg sauce, stuffed jalapenos, a variety of cheeses, dips & chips, mixed nuts and a bottle of elderberry wine.

14. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't watch any of it either anymore. Used to watch the halftime show but that has gone downhill in my opinion.