Sudoku

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Rufus Holen, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Rufus Holen

Rufus Holen Veteran Member
    Registered

Whenever I'm on the move, I always carry a few sudoku puzzles with me. If I'm waiting for the bus or on something else, I whip out a puzzle and go to work. It's something that is quite simple, (some can be complicated however.) and gives your mind something to focus on when you're bored. I print out th puzzles from this wensite http://www.puzzles.ca/sudoku.html. There are many to choose from, easy, medium and hard., two per page.
    I hope someone else can enjoy these too!

2. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I never was a huge fan of sudoku, but my wife loves it. She'll love that website! Thanks a lot for the useful resource.

3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

There is a new one in our newspaper every day. Sometimes they're easy and sometimes they're really difficult. In the past I became quite addicted to those puzzles, but one day I realised I had to get that under control, so I don't often do them any more. However sometimes when I want a challenge I'll try one of the difficult ones.

4. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I may be smart, but not smarter than Sudoku thinkers and problem solvers. Word puzzles intrigue me. I like the pastime with cross-word puzzles. My children engage in Sudoku with great passion... well... with much liking and ease at solving the intelligent work of Sudoku. ;)

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I used to like crossword puzzles, so I'd probably like Soduku if I gave it a chance. I don't want to though, because I really don't have the time.

6. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmm... who knows, first time I heard about Sudoku was about ten years ago or a bit more and I have never understood at all what is this about despite I love crosswords puzzles and can solve them with relative ease, of course, depending on complexity.

With Sudoku, I can't even spell the name correctly, having to use the Chrome integrated spell checker warning me that I was mistakenly writing its name :D

7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a sudoku hobbyist. That word separates me from those geeks or numbers wizards out there. I love sudoku for the fun of it and I don't want to be pressured in solving the puzzle. And you know why? Because I do the sudoku puzzle of the daily newspaper when I go to the bathroom to do my thing in the morning. Sorry for the vulgarity, hahahaaa.

My husband is very good in crossword puzzle and he was trying to lure me into it years ago. But I didn't have the penchant for vocabulary so I declined. But when the sudoku came along, I got hooked somehow. And it was fortunate that our newspaper have both the crossword puzzle and the sudoku puzzle. Sometimes my husband would try his hand in solving the sudoku but almost always, he puts in the wrong numbers. So I feel more intelligent than him when it comes to sudoku.

Carlota Clemens likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I have been playing Sudoku for years. Most often I play the cones in the papers and the weekly magazines but i also carry a sudoku book with me in my man bag so if I get stuck somewhere I can occupy myself. I like the game but I'm no as good as I'd like to be.

9. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

I go through quite a few Sudoku books in a year's time. Spend around 150 nights/year in hotels and always have Sudoku books with me. The most recent hotel has USA Today papers each morning. I enjoy their crosswords and also do the Sudoku in there each day.
    And, as on poster admitted, the length of time spent performing my morning "constitutional" depends on the difficulty of the Sudoku I'm working on. If I start one on the throne, I have to finish it.

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

I wish I could say that, Will. Sometime it takes me a day or two to finish one. I used to work them right and left, but now not so much. i find they are getting harder or I am losing something.Still, I keep buying those books.
    By the way the last job I had my territory was from San Angelo, Texas up into western Kansas. I was in motels more than home.

11. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep, I should be home now until April... if I even go back to work then. Just being here the long Christmas/New Year's break convinced my wife I REALLY don't need to retire!!! Weather has been pretty miserable, at least too miserable to play golf. 22 degrees F right now. But supposed to get to low 40's today. Buddy and I are meeting to play golf late morning. Our cart has doors and a heater. More winter mix coming in the next few days, so must play when we have a chance. Golf is hard work, but someone's got to do it!!!!

12. Bill Boggs

Registered

I haven't payed in a while but I have played with a hard snow coming down in Lubbock and the ground partially covered, using orange balls, but i can't handle the heavy stuff, like golf any more but you're right, somebody has to do it, so make the best of it and have a good game, Will.