Subway - Make Your Sandwich!

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Arlene Richards, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

:cool:
    BMT (pepperoni, salami, & ham) on wheat, pepperjack cheese, toasted. Onions, tomatoes, green peppers, pickles, black olives, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers. Southwest sauce and a little spicy mustard.

Once in awhile I get the Subway Club or the Spicy Italian.

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I was in a Subway restaurant not too long ago in my area.. while we were waiting to order our selection, one of the employees dropped a wet towel on the floor by mistake.. She then picked it up from the floor and then wiped the counter top with the dirty towel from the floor.. She then put the towel back on the rack to be used again..

I mentioned it to her and the response was, .................... so ???

Is that the way they keep the place clean ?????
    Is that why we go there to eat ???

We promptly walked out and I promise you, we will NEVER go into a Subway again as long as we live...

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I've never like sub sandwiches. Too much and the wrong kind of bread. Sandwiches are so easy to make and at home you can make them anyway you want. On the rare occasions we eat out I want to get something we don't usually have at home.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I usually bring a foot long one home every two weeks on Grocery Shopping Day. My Honey and I share it. I choose the onion garlic bread then the chicken breasts with hot pepper cheese and trim it with mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and lots of black olives. :)

5. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Good luck to you.. I sincerely hope that the place is clean and not what I experienced ......

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I love Subway sandwiches ! I do not get one very often, because, like @Sheldon Scott said, they have way too much bread, although I do like the variety of bread types to choose from.
    It sounds like you had a bad experience , @Steve North ; but that was only one (poor example) employee, and not necessary what Subway's standards would be.
    I worked at Subway when I lived in Idaho, and I really enjoyed working there and making sandwiches for people when they came in to eat. They had very high standards about cleanliness, and employees following all of the health department regulations.
    I like just about everything on my sub sandwich, except for the jalapeno peppers. I like those; just not on a sub sandwich.
    If they are on the sandwich, I lose some of the other, more delicate tastes; so I skip that, and have all of the other veggies.
    I usually have chicken, and occasionally the BLT, and always with vinegar and oil, and parmesean cheese sprinkled on top of everything. Yummy !

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Never have them as it's too much bread for me, grandsons eat them a lot though. They have it with extra meat.

I don't even eat both sides of a bun in a hamburger. :)

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  8. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith I just have them put a few jalapeƱos on mine. :)

I agree that one bad experience doesn't represent the entire company. That's almost like having a bad encounter with a person of a particular ethnicity or reading something negative about a country or religion then painting everyone associated with the same broad negative brush. The thing to do would have been to call Subway corporate office and report what happened.and maybe give a negative review to that particular restaurant.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I love Subway sandwiches too! The fresh ingredients and build it to your taste is great! They got sales all the time too. I like the club and didn't try the Spicy Italian yet though. I love bell peppers, onions, greens with my subs.