Strange Dream

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by K E Gordon, Apr 25, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I had a strange dream last night, but aren't they all? I dreamed I was going to visit a friend with Jay Leno's wife who had 3 small children by the way. Leno I know, has no children in real life, so ??? anyway, we were going to visit a friend of mine with Leno's wife and the kids, and I could not find the house, the whole neighborhood had changed...and here I was dragging this poor lady and kids with me, feeling foolish because I had no idea where the house was. I kept thinking why didn't I call? Of course in these days of cellphones..it would be hard to believe this dream would occur. Why I dreamed this, I saw Jay Leno on Last Man Standing and that show involves 3 kids, although they are grown. Being unfamiliar and no phone call might be being out of touch with a friend. Any other interpretations?

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I tend to do the same, pulling recent items and people into my dreams. It sounds as if you're feeling a bit anxious and overwhelmed, and perhaps aren't really sure at this point where you will end up, although you're not quite happy where you are. Perhaps the no phone call situation is due to feeling somewhat disconnected from your desires and goals.

K E Gordon likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

Registered

It is highly possible Diane Lane. I think being out of touch with people is something I struggle with, so that might be the situation there. I know that seeing Leno made an impression on me, because I wonder what he has been up to since leaving the Tonight Show. I know he is good buddies with Tim Allen since they are both car guys.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Registered

I've fallen out of touch with many of my former friends and acquaintances. I just don't have much in common with them these days, and sometimes it's just time to let them go, especially the ones that drag you down, or who aren't supportive. I've always enjoyed Jay Leno's humor, and the Tonight Show was the only late night show I watched when he was on it, other than occasionally watching Jimmy Fallon or Craig Ferguson.

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

You sound like my husband K E
    Although his dreams are always 'animated' - dogs talking to 'im - even cars
    Mind you he loves animation - so maybe a connection there :D

K E Gordon likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I dream, I might be any age, as well as the people in my dreams, without any sense of chronological continuity. Sometimes I am not even myself in my dreams.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ooo Ken - what movies are you watching .............
    Dreams - hard to figure out because each sequence is not always in order, a bit of a jumble - just our mind working overtime

8. K E Gordon

Registered

I remember once as a child I dreamed I found a treasure chest full of candy, toys, and jewels. It was so real I looked under my pillow in the morning to see if maybe part of the treasure was under there. Alas, and alack, I saw nothing other than the sheets! Dreams can be very vivid, especially when you are young, and your sense of reality isn't that developed.

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

@K E Gordon
    Just as well it wasn't dreaming of marshmallows - no pillow left in the morning :p

10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Try to imagine how intensely impossible this is: I once dreamed that I was asleep, IOW, I knew I was dreaming in this dream, and during the dream, I awoke and looked over at my wife, who immediately sat up glaring at me, and her eyes were glowing fluorescent green! Imagine this feeling: awakening from a dream, and seeing an impossible event, because it's still part of the dream! Quickly I awoke for real, drenched in sweat and panting, scared as hell to look over at my wife, but I did, slowly, trembling, and there she reposed, quietly, no horrible presentation, as in the dream.

I believe to this day, my sleeping mind was obscurely remembering the closing scene in "Invaders From Mars", in which the little boy sees and relives in reality the scene his folks just convinced him were only a dream.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this experience, @Ken Anderson. I've often wondered after such dreams if there really are various planes of existence, and the dreams are actually glimpses into those other realities.

12. First, are you referring to a present-day friend, or a friend from the past?

13. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

That's how creative our mind is in creating scenarios that would satisfy our hidden aspirations. In the case of Leno, you may be fond of celebrities and may be wishing to meet one but you are shy about it so instead of the celebrity himself, what you had in your dream was an extension of the celebrity.. Leno's wife. And the 3 children are just reflections of what you saw, they were only included in your dream to bolster the persona of Leno's wife which is just a concoction of your dream. So that wife can be anyone with face or no face because the real subject here is the celebrity.

K E Gordon likes this.
  14. K E Gordon

Registered

Yes, I had another dream last night where Buffalo were running on a path close to a waterfall in my home town. A waterfall that doesn't exist. Than it involved into driving a boat down here to Virginia where I live. It was a boat that was taking up the entire backseat, naturally. Who transports a boat in a car in the first place, unless it is inflatable. I end up having weird dreams and I can not see where they come from. I mean I was talkinga bout buffalo the other day,..and I guess thinking about waterfalls too, so hmm, and I will see my relatives this weekend. I guess you can piece dreams together if you try.

15. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Okay, hear this. A buffalo is someone who has a strong influence in your life, more likely a relative who would suffer a misfortune like getting sick or losing something of big value. However, the waterfall can be a negative or a positive because it is coming down so that's negative but water is precious so that is positive. If I would have that dream of a waterfall, it would surely be a positive one because cascading water is a symbol of wealth. And the boat is clearly a sign of travel that you may be seeing someone you have not seen for a long time.

K E Gordon likes this.