Stopping Excessive Solicitation Mailings

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Kitty Carmel, May 29, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, that worked for me. You can also black out the return address, then the PO has to send it back to the company that sent it.

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't send anything back it all goes in the trash. Simplest move for me.

Yvonne Smith and Nancy Hart like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is what I do also, @Von Jones , and when you just get everyday kind of junk mail, that pretty much takes care of it. However, when my mom and dad died, there was a huge amount from televangelists who sent letters on a regular and frequent schedule, because my mom always sent them back what ever she could afford out of their meager SS pension.
    Most of these had the postage-free return envelopes.
    I guess they realized that they got their money back faster if they didn’t have to wait for some old pensioner to get to the Post Office and buy a stamp first to mail the donation back.
    With those people, I stuffed everything that came with their letter (the whole sob story they mailed out to people) back into the return envelope, and then on the donation part , I wrote “deceased” in big black letters with a marking pen.
    It still took them a while of paying for those worthless letters to come back to them, but it did eventually get my parents off of their mailing list.

Von Jones likes this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

What irritates me are the solicitation phone calls. I had 30 missed calls and didn't recognize any of them on Caller ID. I've set our phone on two rings and then the call goes to voicemail. Luckily, those are few and deleted before the calls ends.

5. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

With up to 30+ mailings a day. Friday was less, I'm working on sending back. Using the prepaid when available and now just return to sender after I mark out that bar code on the bottom of the envelop. Some of these sneaks have no outside address.

My stepdad's are right wing republican stuff. I'm so sick of looking at this junk. I'm hoping in time something will slow down.

These people are such manipulators and I know I'm repeating myself but I can't help it. They know they are taking money some can't afford to give.