Stolen Home Improvement!

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Bobby Cole, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Last night, we had someone break into our car and they stole over $50 worth of brand new mirrors that we had inside on the back seat. Since we never keep anything of great value in the car, and we would rather that someone just open the door and steal the change as opposed to breaking the windows to get in; so we seldom ever lock up the vehicle.

We have never really had any problems until the last few months, but we thought it was just kids because all they ever did was take the change we had lying in the car. One time, someone cut my visor case off; but there really was not anything in it to steal. However, yesterday, we purchased some mirrors to put up on the wall, and because we needed to rearrange some furniture to access the wall easily, we left the mirrors out in the car. Well, this morning, they were gone, and we know that this was not likely just kids looking for a bit of cash.

That brings me to the subject of this thread, and that is home security video cameras. We decided to order one from Amazon, and it was $30 for the one camera. It has an app and connects to either a smartphone, tablet, or even a computer. We can watch live camera any time we want and from anywhere, just by using the phone app. There is also an alert if the motion sensor picks up any nearby movement, and then the camera begins to record whatever is happening near the camera.

We are going to set it up facing the driveway, and we should be able to watch the car and the driveway in the evenings, and if someone does try to get in the vehicle, we will have them on camera and can report it to the police.

For no more than this costs, it seems like a smart idea for anyone who lives in an area where someone might come in your yard or try to get in your vehicle.
    IMG_0730.JPG

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Is it easy to install?

Couldn't a thief if he sees it just cover the lens?

Too bad about the mirrors!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Says that installation is easy.
    A. All I have to do is to first separate the self leveling equinoxial lens from the contiguous para-dynamic lens and then join them with the supplied jointmaster flamicular emblazers.
    With the package also come 600 LED's which have to be installed individually into the master lemonizer which I am sure that Yvonne will enjoy doing.
    B. After "A" is completed then the moisture proof aliamafter must be set with the platinum linear exciter in the exact spacial coordinates of the next lunar eclipse.

When the easy stuff is established then the rest is a bit harder but nothing I cannot manage especially if I have someone help interpret the pictures, which are in Chinese.

Cover the camera? Yes, if they are 10 feet tall and see it before it sees them and records them covering it.

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

Just be sure not to leave the camera in the car.:rolleyes:

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Gosh @Yvonne Smith and @Bobby Cole It looks like those thieves were stealing from y'all for awhile now. I've got a feeling your tools were stolen by the same people who took the mirrors, etc.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Registered

dunno. I am pretty sure I know who got the mirrors. They are too young to steal my machinery without some adult help but for right now I cannot prove anything.
    Whatsoever evil is done in secret will be shouted from the rooftops..............eventually.

Von Jones and Babs Hunt like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I know those tools are very important to you @Bobby Cole and I'm really praying for a miracle to have them all returned to you very soon.

Ina I. Wonder and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Oh, my gosh! woe is me.

9. Bobby Cole

Registered

I take it that you have some input?

Let’s see.....about twenty minutes later. hummmmmm...guess not but I am still hopeful that you can illuminate one and all concerning you obvious snark @Bill Boggs. Don’t know what cat crawled into your shorts but if you do have some problem with me you might spell it out.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  10. Bobby Cole

Registered

Seriously Babs, my main concern isn’t the tools so much as the people who are roaming around doing the burglaries. I’m not the only one who has been hit and I simply wish to uh....”lay hands” on the critters who believe they have some right to invade other people’s lives.
    Having the machinery back would indeed be icing on the cake. Thank you for the prayers......

Babs Hunt likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I understand that @Bobby Cole, I really do. I also understand that you have spent many years gathering those tools that helped you provide for your family and "they" were part of your life and family too in a way. No one should have the right to just come in and take that from you or from anyone else either. I agree with others who have said it is no stranger that has done this and I hope they get caught in their own snare real soon.

12. Bobby Cole

Registered

Okay @Bill Boggs. My wife explained that you were referring to your own dealings with life. Sorry if I took it as a slam Bill..........

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  13. Mike Dobra

Mike Dobra Member
    Registered

A friend lived in a large remote bungalow. Apart from the usual locks etc, the giveaway signs were a top of the range BMW and Mercedes. Inside two large Alsatian dogs roaming around. His property was cased by thieves and one evening later they decided to break in. The took two latge pices of steak and the dogs became floppy friends. Burglary complete !

We were burgled years afo when we only left a small ventilator ajar. Found out later, there was a local gang using small schoolboys to climb through and let the hood in through the front door. Which they left wide open !!!

Bobby Cole likes this.