Stevia And Coke

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Avigail David, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Have you heard of this soda? It's the new and trendy Coka-Cola. The bottle and cans are green. The sweetening ingredient, they say, is stevia--a sugar substitute. There isn't much difference in the taste, carbonation and sweetness. I guess, it's the billions of dollars advertising that makes the tasting so inviting.

I guess, the calorie content of the carbonated drinks, plus numbered additives, won't make any difference in what Coke (and Pepsi) does to my metabolism, my high blood pressure as the result of drinking Coke, and weight gain-- which I'm trying to lose now and lower my BP--free of BP medication.

So, have you tried the Coke in green?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know about the rest of the ingredients, but Stevia seems to be a natural product and less likely to be problematic than artificial sugar substitutes. Whether this can truly result in weight loss is doubtful however, since the sweet taste stimulates the body to believe that it is sugar anyhow, so it stores fat.

Yvonne Smith and Sheldon Scott like this.
  3. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think Coke manufacturers claim that this coke with stevia will help lose weight. It's just the selling campaign that makes the fattening diversity a politically correct way to name this "provision of the flesh" quite psychlogically acceptable. :p

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's the idea behind Stevia though, it is a replacement for the no calorie artificial sweeteners.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I've not tried Coka Cola in the green can yet. Now that you've brought it to my attention I'll try it! Our home is watching our sugar and cholesterol so stevia in Coka Cola sounds great. Now I'm drinking diet 7UP and love it. This new drink that you've mentioned sounds great! I've not seen it on Oahu nor seen any commercials yet about the new green can Coka Cola, but I'll be watching for it. Thanks!