Stereo Speaker Help Needed

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Eric Cook, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Eric Cook

Eric Cook Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The TV headphone outlet is plugged into the stereo amp. The headphones are currently plugged into the front of the amp. The Shelf speakers are plugged into the rear of the amp.

Gloria, I always have the captions turned on. This, of course, allows me to "see" the words but still there is much a nearly deaf person misses. Like, for example, background music, etc

2. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

After perusing many forums pertaining to this issue, I might have found a solution, but this is NOT a guarantee and is based on your headphones and stereo having "optical" connections.
    upload_2018-4-10_13-8-13.png

3. Don Abel

Don Abel Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'll chime in..
    How do you adjust the overall volume to the speakers? On the amp or by the volume control in the TV?

Would you use a Bluetooth headset? It would be possible to use the audio output that you are using now and operate a Bluetooth Transmitter. A "Y" adaptor at the TV, one jack to the amp that you are using now, and the other to the Bluetooth Transmitter. The TV has a USB connector on the back and that can power the Bluetooth Transmitter..

There would be a little game with the volume control(s) in the TV and the amp. The TV volume control would adjust the overall volume to everything. (Amp_Bluetooth Xmtr) You would need to adjust the Bluetooth output via the volume control of the TV and then adjust the speaker volume at the amp. (IF it has a Vol. Control) Once a comfortable level is found, I'd believe just a little touch up now and then would be necessary..

The only issue I can imagine would be a ground loop issue between the TV and the Bluetooth Transmitter. The power and the audio will both be coming from the TV and sometimes causes issues. A quick cure would be a ground loop isolator between the audio input to the Bluetooth Transmitter from the "Y" adaptor connected at the TV..

I can provide a parts list to make this happen if you would like. The only thing that I'm not sure of is if the amp to the speakers has a volume control. Please advise..

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Don Abel

Don Abel Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'll make a quick list of things that should work..

The Bluetooth Transmitter. It gets its power from the USB jack on the TV...
    https://www.amazon.com/AMAKE-Blueto...832&sr=8-8&keywords=usb+bluetooth+transmitter ($14.99)

The "Y" adaptor for the headphone jack on the TV. This provides audio for the Bluetooth Transmitter and the speaker amplifier..
    https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Speak...qid=1527816050&sr=1-4&keywords=3.5mm+splitter ($4.99)

This is a ground loop isolator. This may not be necessary BUT I would install one just in case. This would be installed between the Bluetooth Transmitter and the "Y" adaptor that would be installed in the USB jack on the TV..
    https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-...ons&keywords=3.5mm+ground+loop+isolator&psc=1 ($8.99)

Bluetooth headsets are everywhere! Make your own choice on that but keep the run time in mind. Most movies (DVD's) usually run for a couple of hours. *I would suggest finding a headset unit that will operate for at least 4 hrs. Or, purchase 2 units. When one goes dead, swap it out with a charged unit!!

The speaker amplifier will need a volume control for things to work properly. I'll guess the volume of the TV would need to be up kinda high to get a good sound level to the headset. With the volume of the TV being up so high, it will be super loud through the amp to the speakers. The procedure would be to turn the speaker amp down and adjust the headset level with the TV volume control. Once that level is set, then adjust the speaker volume with the volume control on the amp. Once the ratio is found, both volumes could be turned up/down via the TV volume control. Once the ratio is found with the TV and the amp, then just subtle changes would need to be made, usually at the amp volume control. Also, enable the AVL setting on the TV through the Menu items. Hope this helps..