Stay Alone, Or Take A Chance

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Denise Evans, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok Cody;) sure appreciate you guys imput. Usually seems only gals answer, and I am for the male opinions as well!! I think you are right about the talking. I was overly "looking for something" to be wrong, but this a.m. when we were talking, it was way, more relaxed and he listened;) I knew he did because of his answers;) You can sure tell that way hey:) It's give and take, and yes, comprimise. I don't know if he likes to cook but he eats good so he is either cooking, or going to restaraunts. I like to cook, but love a man to cook a meal once in awhile. I don't like eating out much. Rather "know all the ingredients":)

2. Denise Evans

Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

oh crap Mari
    , now I have to find another outfit:(

for mari.jpg

4. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, well, maybe we could speak in code, inquiring minds want to know. Ok, maybe not, LMBO!!

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

A non listener who interrupts ---- my gosh, in my book you can't get much worse than that unless he is also a heavy drinker. Well, I am editing this now since I've read all the posts. You say he IS a good listener so, never mind. :) Make sure he's just not hard of hearing and couldn't hear you well enough on the phone to bother interrupting. Maybe I'm a pessimist regarding dating.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  6. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Alright, Missy @Denise Happyfeet ... that's been long enough. Git those copper colored spandex leggings back here and tell us if he made googoo eyes at you over the sweet & sour chicken and moo goo gai pan. :p

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It's only 12:32 PM here in California, Mari....let's give her a few more hours.

8. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe he's a little hard of hearing and tha'ts why he interrupts.

I got over wanting a partner a LONG time ago! It's so much more comfortable being single and yes, feeling comfortable is what I want most of all.

Also I don't want to have to nurse someone at this stage of the game, nor do I want to be nursed if I lose my health.

9. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

That makes perfect sense to me Ruby. I'm with you on that!;)

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Boy, there sure are some folks on here who love to be alone. That sure wasn't the case for wife and I. But, then again, we are the type that basically do everything together, including shopping. And, have the same interests.
    Well, I'm here to tell everyone that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being in a relationship or being married. However, for those that are "stout fast" on not doing either, that's up to them. I have noticed on some forums I've been involved in, a person does a Thread like Denise's here, there is a lot of the "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" concerning dating, relationships and marriage. There are folks out there that actually hate all three. Yes, the word, "hate". And, some folks who don't want to hear a word about how good a relationship or marriage is going.

Bottom Line: Pick the right person and everything should, and I did say "should" turn out fine. Wife and I have had our "ups and downs", but our 15 Year Anniversary is this week and we both know that we love each other 100% and there will be those squabbling times.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

We are all just trying to help Denise and give her our opinions and how we feel. Most of us on here have been married, some have divorced, some have had their husbands die like I did. I'd still be happily married if he hadn't of died. After he died, I met someone and that didn't work out so well, we were together a few years. Didn't marry him and probably wouldn't ever marry anyone again. Might live with them but I doubt that too, I've gotten used to living alone and like it. I've also had a few dates with some other men I've met, sadly one died that could have been another SO. After that I just wasn't interested anymore. I'm pretty good company for myself and don't need another person to make me whole. I get plenty of love from family and my dog.

Nobody will ever fill my husbands shoes, he was my soulmate and I was lucky to have him for 35 yrs.

I've known Denise awhile and all I want for her is to be happy. I don't want her hurt. I'm hoping she likes this guy and he is a good guy, if not...she can find plenty of others. She's attractive, a great person, in great shape, so not worried that she won't find others but only if she wants to.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

Hi all, home now, had a nice time. I'm not twitter-pated, but he was a nice enough guy. I may date him again. He wanted to know if he could call me again and I said sure. I still wonder if someone 63 can still be twitter-pated (sort of love at first site) which I know doesn't have to do with looks, but it's a certain personality that is so fun to be with, you can't wait til next time. I'm not seeing that with this guy, but hoping for that some day.

I'm going to have a rest now, we did a lot of driving along the beaches, more stops and walking than driving. I maybe have caught some good pics I'll post later;) Hugs all, and I will read all the posts after I rest up. Denise;)

13. Denise Evans

Registered

I took off them bloomers, but not til he left @Mari North !! LMBO!! You guys bust me up, yes, he is a good listener. He is in a hurry I think, too big a hurry;) No googoo eyes, because we were both too busy stuffing our faces, LOL!! I'll be back, this date took a lot out of me. Just didn't realize how hard it is to step out and take that risk, but I did it!!

14. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

That's all that matters, @Denise Happyfeet ... that you stepped out of what sounds like your comfort zone and gave dating an honest chance. If you do it again, super... if you decide it's not for you, nothing lost, and you learned it can be fun. In the extremely short time I've known you, I already sense that either way, you'll be just fine.

And besides, he *does* want to call again after seeing those pants, so that has to be a plus, yes? :p

15. Denise Evans

Registered

True Mari;) and I have another outfit for my 2nd dates if I get that far:

I'm fun, but you're gettin nun! nun.jpg