Statistics

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

When I ran an online newspaper, I logged on one day to find that my traffic had spiked to about a thousand times my usual traffic, given that it was a local newspaper that mostly covered stuff from Millinocket, East Millinocket and Medway. It turned out that Rush Limbaugh had quoted one of my articles on his radio show and linked to it from his web site. Later, there was another spike when another national radio show host mentioned the same article, but that one wasn't nearly the boost that Limbaugh gave it.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Here are a couple of graphs that are worrisome.

screenshot_01.png
    screenshot_02.png

As you can see, things have really slowed down the past month. We've all noticed it, but it looks particularly ugly in a graph. I don't care so much about the threads number, but I'd love to see the posts number come back up. It's not like people aren't here since there's nearly always someone in the forum. These graphs only go back a year, but our February numbers haven't been this low since 2015.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    The #of threads is disheartening. I will see what might be done to bring about absolution. Please bear in mind I have no idea what these words mean.
    Frank

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

There should be way more posts than threads. I would much rather see a lot of posts or replies in threads than a lot of threads that few people are replying to. Until the very end of the graph, the threads graph was okay.