Soups As Sauces

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Frank Sanoica, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

How many use a daub of cream soup, say, Cream of Mushroom, Chicken, Celery, or other, to use as a sauce in some mix of veggies or meats, or whatever else?

Typically, I throw in 1/4 can of condensed soup in my mix of meat or fish cut into 1/4" cubes, along with veggies stir-fried; Zuchs, Yellow Squash, and/or Cauliflower, always 1/3 onion, + seasonings.

Since I started this regimen of veggies nearly daily several years ago, my combined Cholesterol went from around 250 to 200, or less. My Triglycerides have always been lower than low, and remain unchanged and low.

I have no idea whether the veggies were responsible for benefit, but must admit I've never been a heavy eater of them before in my whole life.

However, in the "mix", there is nearly always at least 4 oz. of meat, fish, or poultry in with the veggies. Being a "meat & potatoes" guy all my life, the meat seems needed to provide eating satisfaction. However, since my wife will eat no potatoes, we have not had any in the house in a year. Gosh, how I love a baked potato smothered in butter (no sour cream, though!).

So, what about cream soups? Ya eat them as soup, use them as sauces, or avoid them?
    Frank

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have only used the cream soups in the ol' green bean casserole, nothing else. I could try them next winter when my wife is working, but as she eats no dairy or flour, I cannot eat them as a family meal. Good idea, though

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I use the cream soups in a lot of things. I almost always have cream of mushroom, chicken and onion in the cupboard.

Frank Sanoica likes this.