Something Wicked This Way Comes

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Debbie Allen, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Debbie Allen

Debbie Allen Veteran Member
    Registered

The book was written by Ray Bradbury. It’s about 2 young teen boys and their adventures with a circus man. Jim Nightshade is one and the other one is William Holloway.

William and his father seem to have that estranged type of relationship. His father is getting up in his years and feels guilty that his poor health has made it difficult to really connect to his son.

The movie, made from the book is what I watched. It starts out with a man selling Lightening Rods. This was way back in the times that they used them to ward off lightening from sticking their houses.

A circus comes to town and the boys want to go and explore it and have fun and play. Things take a eerie turn as the story progresses. Things that people wish for come true, but they have a price tag on them. For instance the biggest one is when a lady wants to look beautiful again. Oh she gets her wish but then the scale tips to the other direction and she rapidly goes blind and she only gets a glimpse of her beautiful looks.

Someone else asks to be in their youth and he gets on the carousel and as it goes backwards he does get younger again, only something happens that he goes beyond this life.

There are lots of Karmic things in this movie/book. The circus master also does a number on William and his father.

This book is very interesting and so is the movie.

Watch the full movie

Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw the movie, but have forgotten most of it. Good movie as I recall. Also read the book.

Debbie Allen likes this.
  3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes so did I a while ago, I love all of Ray Bradbury's books.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I know I read the book, in the eighth grade, probably, and I loved it. I don't know if I saw the movie. If I have, I don't remember having done so.