Something Secretive Is Going On. Should I Blow The Whistle?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lara Moss, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I live in Research Triangle Park in NC, known for many High-Tech Headquarters (I have no idea why I'm here…too bad it hasn't rubbed off)….SAS Institute, Red Hat, Bandwith, Citrix, CISCO, IBM Net App, Qualcomm, EMC Corp, etc etc. Also Life Sciences like GlaxcoSmithKline, Biogen, BASF, Merck, etc.

The Middle Eastern population has grown a lot since I arrived 15 years ago, in fact my neighbor for one. I've always assumed they came here individually on their own, legitimately for medical & tech education and ultimately jobs (maybe) so I never had an issue with it.

Here's the situation. I answered a classified ad recently and drove only a few miles away to pick up a desk (alone which was against my better judgement). I'm very familiar with this pretty road lined with these ritzy High Tech Headquarters but I drove right past the entrance to this seller's location because it's a VERY hidden entrance amongst these corporations. I had to stay on the phone so he could guide me into the entrance to a Huge apartment complex where absolutely every tenant was middle eastern. There were about 3 streets within the complex and all apartments were teensy tiny….so many. Clean and nice but so overcrowded that many middle-easterners were outside chatting with their neighbors. Nice clean-cut people. Many did not speak a lick of english including the seller's family. He, his wife, and baby, had no more than a couch, small desk, and computer. He spoke broken english.

Here's the issue: The high tech headquarters are probably sponsoring them legally BUT why aren't they giving those jobs to Americans!!! And sponsoring THEIR education?? And why is the entrance deliberately hidden up an embankment with thick bushes and trees and then downhill, and void of any neighborhood signage in an area where ALL neighborhoods have a name including apartment complexes? Then, once you're in it opens up to this vast complex totally hidden by vegetation on all sides? Why weren't there other ethnicities? …only middle eastern. I know because many were outside of their teensy apts.

I was going to let this slide until I saw a special on TV about how the small town of Lewisburg(?) in Maine has been overwhelmed by the influx of middle easterners and are using up almost half of the welfare and other resources and not adhering to our culture at all. Should I be silent and consider this okay? Or should I tell my local TV station or 60 minutes so they can investigate it. Who should I go to? I don't want to get anyone in trouble unless they really deserve it but I don't want jobs taken from Americans. I know, I'll ring up Trump. He'll be hopping' mad! ;)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith and Brittany Houser like this.
  3. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd be raising some red flags if I were you! Our country is being infiltrated by foreigners, and we're supposed to keep our mouths shut about it. Eventually we will have to act or submit.

Sheldon Scott and Lara Moss like this.
  4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you for voicing your opinion. It helps to know I'm not alone in my thinking. The fact that there are no other ethnicities smacks of discrimination too I would think. Where you go to raise red flags?

5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

When the the war was going on in Viet Nam whole planes loads of people were dropped in California given shelter, food and welfare and everyone thought that action was okay then so it should be okay now. I did not agree with the action then and don't now. Whole blocks of developments were purchased using FHA loans which the government backs by people that could not speak english and were not citizens. One person would act as the realtor and have the money to start the loan and the quick deed the property to one of their countrymen.

I was a realtor at the time all of this was going on and it was hard to see these people come over here get assistance and get brand new homes when the people that live here could not get needed assistance or homes.

6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

The show I watched was Full Measure on PBS (I think) with Sharyl Attisson, an investigative reporter. In Lewiston Maine there are 7,000 Somalian "asylum seekers" that are not allowed to get jobs because we have a law that says "asylum seekers" may not work until they become classified as refugees, but are qualified for welfare and housing assistance when our citizens don't. You will have to click here to watch the whole episode.

Here is a quote from the show's website:

"Immigration took center stage in the show’s debut. Host Attkisson explored why Lewiston, Maine has become an unlikely refuge for Somali asylum-seekers, “Full Measure” correspondent Scott Thuman examined life in European refugee camps, and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump explained why he wouldn’t welcome any Syrian refugees to America.

In the program, please note the discussion about refugees vs. asylum seekers. Remember the Somalis in the [Refugee Resettlement] program were brought here by the UN/US State Department, but many of the other [Somalians] in the story are asylum seekers. [Asylum Seekers] are migrants who got here on their own (no screening) perhaps illegally (across our borders) or came in on a temporary visa and then they apply for asylum. The US does not allow them to work so they go to states like Maine where they are permitted to receive welfare as non-citizens who have not yet been designated refugees (aka asylees) after proving they would be persecuted if they went home.

"The word is out all over Africa—go to Maine!"

"All of the media attention on refugees now will help (we hope) wake up Americans to the very real likelihood that their towns will soon be populated with third worlders (as Lewiston, ME has for over a decade). Folks, you will have to start speaking up if you want to see our American culture survive (and your town’s resources not depleted). Your town could easily become the next Lewiston….

See our complete (and lengthy) archive on Lewiston, Maine by clicking here."

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is a friendly advice as per the experience of a certain Jun Lozada, the most celebrated whistle blower. He used to be head of the forestry agency, earning a good salary with powers and influence because his agency takes care of the rawlands owned by the government. When he learned of the corruption being set up by the husband (MIke) of the president (Gloria Arroyo) being brokered by the head of the Commission on Elections (Abalos), this guy Lozada went to the press and blurted out everything he knew about the billion-deal of ZTE, a Chinese company dealing with digital technology that would provide the country with the internet backbone.

With the revelation, Jun Lozada's life had changed for the worse. After losing his job, his family was being harassed. Now he is trying to get up on his feet but the lost opportunity may not be recovered anymore. He had ruined his life because of his principles.

Lara Moss likes this.
  8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

wow, Corie, advice well taken. Thank you.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered