Some Of My Favourite Photographs

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Honey Gee, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol no problem, Holly.

2. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Oops not sure if that comment came out @Cody Fousnaugh. I have travelled to most parts of the world Cody, including Paris. I did some voluntary work in India. Sometimes it's good for the soul to see how the other halftime. Especially children who live on rubbish dumps or tips.

I have had good holidays there too.

Denise Evans and Holly Saunders like this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm the same as you HG... I've travelled , lived and worked in so many places around the world....the old adage that travel broadens the mind, is a real truism...

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm another traveler!

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We just can't stand smelling their curry cooking and don't like their food. Just our choice. We just don't like a lot of "cultural" stuff.

When I was in the Navy, one of our stops, going to Vietnam, was the Subic Bay Naval Station. Definitely not the best looking Naval Station I'd been to. We would go into Olongapo City for a few hours after shipboard work. The water, under the bridge, going from the Naval Station to that city was awful! Dirty beyond belief, but if a sailor would toss some coins in the water, the local kids would dive for them! The kid would surface with the coins in their hands. Actually, there were parts of Olongapo City that U.S. military personnel weren't allowed to go. Heck, I thought Tijuana, Mexico was bad looking, until I visited Olongapo City in the Philippines.

Thing is, my wife's supervisor couldn't wait to leave India. One thing for sure........not everywhere is made for everybody!

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's true @Cody Fousnaugh, my husband hated it and he's been everywhere on business. More pages had to be added to his passport because it was full with stamps from all the countries.

8. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Totally agree @Cody Fousnaugh not for everyone. I love curry and tasted some of the nicest curries. I love volunteering mostly nursing and have also.
    worked for some animal charities abroad too

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders totally agree even stayed in a hut made of mud

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is one thing that my daughter, Robin, also got to do when she was in the military. She loved being able to travel and seeing different countries, and she always took pictures for us to look at.
    The only traveling I have ever done is just when I was moving from one area to another, and I loved seeing the different parts of the United States.
    I would have loved to have seen different countries also, and when those of you who do travel, post your pictures, I really enjoy looking.
    I especially love some of your pictures of the English countryside where you live, @Holly Saunders , and also the ones you have posted of your villa in Spain. How awesome ! !
    Now, I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the Secret Cave that @Honey Gee was exploring yesterday ! !

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thanks Yvonne..xx I have so many photos of everywhere I've travelled, I forget which ones I've already posted, so I'm worried I might post photos that I've already put on here...

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, but there are new people here that have not seen some of the earlier pictures, so even if they were on another thread earlier, it is still good that you post them for us. Same with a lot of the earlier threads that we who have been here forever started way back when.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We love taking photos of places we go/gone, like Rocky Mountain NP, Yellowstone NP, Mount Rushmore, a Carribian Cruise, Zoo's just to name a few. Next year we are thinking about going to Niagara Falls. And then there's the big Star Wars Convention in April next year in Orlando. Have bought out tickets for that already.

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

Are you going to post some on here for us to enjoy too Cody? :)

Denise Evans likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

If I felt safe, and had the courage, I thinking seeing Bangladesh would help "grow me up" in good ways. Also, Calcutta:( I had a church at one time that had people go to Calcutta, my pastor went as well. He said they saw a dog run in front of the bus, but when they got out to look around and talk with people they saw him, it was a man with no, lower body on a little, wheeled cart. I've never heard a more moving story then their trip to India.

Like I said, if I felt safe and had courage, I would want to go there. I would have a whole, new appreciation for America, no matter who the president is. Although with our latest leaders, I was concerned we were going to turn into a 3rd world country. While saying that, I don't know if India is considered 3rd world. But it certainly looks so in some areas.

Holly Saunders likes this.