Some Folks Like To Fry All Their Food - Do You?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have relatives that would Fry Ice Cubes if they could bread them. Other than Fried Chicken, I prefer most meat fish and poultry not fried.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Some things are better fried, but I don't fry a whole lot of things anymore.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I have always like fried chicken, but even better , I like it cooked on the BBQ and smothered in BBQ sauce. It seems like people here in the South like all kinds of things deep fried, even dill pickles.
    Coming here from Idaho, it was a learning experience.
    Now that I have changed to a Whole Foods, plant-based diet, I am not eating any kind of meat, or any fried foods anymore, and I really do not miss it.
    I feel so much better, too !

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

What Ken said. I hardly ever fry. I'll do the occasional French Fries (I'll go years without, and then maybe make them every few months) because French Bakes pretty much suck.

I really can't think of anything else that I fry in the way you mean. I'll pan-sear steaks and fish, and I'll fry eggs, but that's just with tablespoons of oil or ghee.

Actually, I have one exception that I made several nights in a row and then I had to stop because they are like crack: fried breaded Asparagus spears with a spicy dipping sauce. OMG!!! Talk about Heaven. Now I wish I hadn't even thought of them.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife absolutely loves fried potatoes. My breakfast eggs are always fried, as well as my sausage links or patties. I will also dice up a potato and fry it for breakfast.

We aren't nearly as healthy as we could be, but simply won't give up our meat, potatoes, chips and a few other things that we shouldn't (?) have, which includes our Bud Light and a good/stout margarita sometimes. Oh, and can't forget the one-in-a-while Bloody Mary for breakfast.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Yeah, breakfasts tend to be fried, although I'll sometimes use the broiler for bacon and sausage.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know anyone who fries much food anymore. If we have fried chicken we buy it because I don't like the "grease" smell in the house that lingers for days. If I buy bacon or sausage, it's the pre-cooked type that only needs a few seconds in the microwave, though occasionally I do fry an egg. I make fries in the air fryer, spritzed with a bit of oil to give them some flavor.