Some Amazing Benefits Of Taking Coconut Oil Every Day

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok...yeah I do cook and eat eggs, usually fried or an omelet. :)

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My fifth day on a full teaspoon of coconut oil and I have definitely noticed I feel more alert and my energy level is increasing some. At first it seemed the coconut oil increased my appetite but yesterday I noticed a decrease in it. In fact I had served my regular portion of our dinner meal on my plate but found I was full after eating only half of it so I put the rest in a storage container in the refrigerator.

Tomorrow I will up my daily dose to a teaspoon and a half for each day of the week and see what happens.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Like with all things, don't think its a good idea to take 'too much'
    Teaspoons seem a better option, thinking of raised cholesterol

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I wasn't worried about cholesterol, I don't have any problems in that area. I gave it a week and see no reason for me to take it so glad I at least can use it as a moisturizer.

I have enough energy to keep my 2,000 sq ft home spotless and also to run errands and walk on my eliptical, plus watch grandsons when needed, etc...what do I need more for? Then I feel wired.

I'll use it up but it's kind of greasy so not a fave as a moisturizer.

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Cholesterol may not be important for you, was just making the point that too much is not always good
    I find it too greasy too :)

@Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross and Terry Page like this.
  6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Cholesterol is a complicated subject @Patsy Faye and there are many theories about it, here is some info:

Coconut Benefits. ......While coconuts and coconut liquids are full of saturated fats, not all of it is bad for you. Much of the saturated fat content is lauric acid. This beneficial saturated fat can actually help boost your high-density lipoprotein, the "good" cholesterol that reduces your risk of heart disease.................that brings us back to coconut oil, which can contain up to 40 percent saturated fat. Interestingly, countries with the highest intakes of coconut oil have the lowest rates of heart disease.

While research shows coconut oil contains higher amounts of saturated fat and does increase total cholesterol, those amounts do not increase your heart attack or stroke risk.
    In fact, one study among lean, heart disease- and stroke-free Pacific Islanders who consumed up to 63 percent of their calories from coconut fat found total cholesterol rose but so did their “good” HDL. MORE HERE

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Thanks Terry :)
    I still stand by 'don't overdo the amounts' though .....................:p

@Terry Page

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It is important to me, @Patsy Faye ...what I should have said mine is okay so far....meaning my numbers are good.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I finally was able to get a 54 ounce jar of coconut oil, and the Whey protein last Saturday. I have never like coconut, and I never fry foods, but I found that if I just take a tbsp. straight from the spoon is easily swallowed. So I think I'll keep doing that twice a day at least until it's all gone. I should be able to detect some results by then.

I didn't like the protein powder either, no matter what I tried to mix it with. Then I tried mixing the Whey protein with enough coconut oil to form a paste like consistency. Still yucky, so I added some Splenda sugar substitute to taste, and that wasn't bad at all. I wonder if I added the protein, Splenda, and the coconut oil to a brownie mixture how it would come out? Do you think I might need to cut down on the flour?

@Yvonne Smith are these the ones you were speaking of.
    IMG_4530.JPG IMG_4525.JPG IMG_4524.JPG

Anyone have any ideas that would incorporate all three of these ingredients.

Joe Riley likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What I do , @Ina I. Wonder , is mix the protein powder and the spoonful of coconut oil with my morning coffee, and it is delicious ! I usually use vanilla whey protein, but I have used chocolate and that works fine, too. I put the whey and the VCO in the blender cup, add about a third of the coffee I use in my coffee mug, and some heavy cream, and then blend all of that. Once it is well blended, I put it back in my coffee cup, and finish filling the cup with hot coffee and stir. The whey protein sweetens the coffee just enough to give it a wonderful flavor.
    I never use white flour anymore, because it is so inflammatory; but if you are not concerned about it inflaming your arthritis pain, then I imagine you could use it making brownies.

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith Thank you so much for sharing about coconut oil. After a week and a half of taking this daily I am so happy with my increased energy level, my much clearer thinking, and hardly any leg pain when I go to bed at night now. Some days even my GERD seems calmer. Even my Honey is impressed with the difference he notices in my energy level and my talking more with him now. I will definitely be staying on a daily dose of coconut oil from now on.

Now that I know none of these things are my imagination, I have shared the good news about coconut oil with my oldest sister who has many health problems that I think could be helped by her trying it. And I'm going to share it with my younger sister who has primary aphasia too since the benefits list it can be helpful with brain disorders.

I am finding a large teaspoon of coconut oil daily a wonderful blessing to my life...so thanks again Yvonne for sharing about the benefits of this. :)

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I guess it doesn't help me because I don't have any problems yet.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

And I pray you never do @Chrissy Cross. You are blessed indeed to not have a bunch of health problems.:)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I guess I am...only problem is my tailbone and that's not even so bad lately. I don't have any brain fog, don't even know exactly what that is.

Ive only been in a hospital twice and that was to give birth..I have good genes....I'll probably die like my mom though...the only smoker besides me...she quit sooner than I did though.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith - Just to let you know, we have begun our second jar of VCO (36oz) and are feeling the continued benefits of taking it. I have been doing great with my "Chew-More" diet, and still am working on the "Eat-Less" part. Simple eating decisions can impact us more than the earth-shattering ones. Thanks for all your info and tips.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Yvonne Smith likes this.