Solidarity With France

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ruby Begonia, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

Hannah, qtf, (quoted for truth.) regarding the Syrian passport, at this time the thinking is that it is a plant designed to forment distrust and panic. It is working! Re Sharia law. Quran, like the Talmud, Bible etc, has many interpretations.

Muslims Jews, Christians, have many factions. Orthodox Jews, Fundamentalist Christians, view things differently than those who adhere to a less conservative approach. So it is with Islam. Not all advocate for Sharia Law. In

Canada, Muslims strive to be part of our multicultural heritage. We do not practice assimilation, rather inclusion. In our diversity, lies our tolerance, and our strength. This is reflected in our lowering crime rate.

Tom Locke likes this.
  2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

A thought: I have never felt any urge to be a suicide bomber, but if I did, I can't imagine taking my passport with me.

3. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

what on earth does "quoted for truth" mean ?

Lara Moss likes this.
  4. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Tom, from what I understand, there is some evidence that the passport was a plant. If so, we can understand why.

Tom Locke likes this.
  5. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Ruby, it is an Internet term meaning the poster agrees with the comments of another poster.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If the passport would enable you to travel to country in which you intended to blow yourself up, you would.

Given that they came up with this later, it could also be that they are trying to minimize the blowback.

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Does it even matter if they found the passport next to him? If he is identifiable, he can be traced to where he came from...no?

Sacheen BrightEagle likes this.
  8. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Chrissy, you have a point.

9. Ken Anderson

Oddly enough, this guy doesn't look French to me.

[​IMG]

Here's a good timeline of events, from the Washington Post.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Brittany Houser likes this.
  10. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, all of the people in this photo are French, so I don't quite understand what a typical French "look" would be...

FRANCE-ARABIE-SEOUDITE-1998-564.jpg

Sacheen BrightEagle likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

That's the problem. Someone can come here as a refugee from Syria, get American citizenship before committing an act of terror, and you'll believe the media and the government when they refer to him as an American, and his actions as homegrown terrorism. In a technical sense, you are correct, but it hides (without negating) the dangers involved in accepting these people into the country while we are still at war.

[​IMG]
    These two, Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, were described by the media as Americans too, and when they set off bombs in Boston, killing three and wounding two hundred and sixty-four people, it was termed an act of homegrown terrorism. Yet they were refugees from Kyrgyzstan. Call them what you want but when we take in hundreds of thousands of people from countries where they cannot possibly be vetted, in a time of war, we are placing our entire population at risk.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Sheldon Scott likes this.
  12. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Tom I hear you. We don't have a typical Canadian look either.

13. Ken Anderson

Actually, you do. They looked something like this. That is, until they made the mistake of taking in a bunch of immigrants from Europe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Ruby Begonia and Sheldon Scott like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Anyway, I just read this...seems we wont be letting in any syrian refugees for now....democrats also voted for it.

WASHINGTON — House Republicans, along with a sizable number of Democrats, passed a bill Thursday afternoon to halt the resettlement of Syrian and Iraqi refugees in the country until key federal agencies can certify that they have been properly vetted.

The measure passed with 47 Democrats voting in favor, even after the Obama administration, which has already threatened to veto the legislation, made an effort Thursday morning to convince Democrats to vote against the legislation.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and White House chief of staff Dennis McDonough made their case against the measure in a closed-door meeting, but members coming out of meeting said their pitch wasn’t effective.

“I’ve seen better presentations in my time here,” said Democratic Rep. Steve Israel of New York, who was still undecided. “They may have strong arguments on their side, but they’re not expressing those strong arguments sufficiently.”

“There’s no question that the Republicans have expertly politicized this,” Israel, who runs House Democrats’ messaging strategy, added.

A Bloomberg poll released Wednesday found the majority of those surveyed do not want the administration to continue with its plans to resettle 10,000 Syrian refugees in the aftermath of the Paris attacks.

During the meeting with administration officials, some Democrats expressed concern about a backlash from their constituents if they voted against the Republicans’ bill. According to a Democratic aide in the room, Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney of New York said the party could lose seats if they voted against the bill.

15. Duane Dutchell

Duane Dutchell Veteran Member
    Registered

Like most people, I was saddened by what occurred in France. Some might find it insensitive to say this after such a tragedy, but France has not been looking after its people and I don't see any evidence that they've learned from their mistakes. If a country is going to participate in a war against another power, it is madness to invite the very people you are fighting against to settle within your boundaries. Over the past several years, France has taken pride in being inclusive of Muslim immigrants, even allowing them to control their own quasi-governments under Sharia Law. So to France, I would say that I am so sorry about what you are going through, but what the hell did you expect?