Solfeggio Healing Tones

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have all heard that old saying about "music soothes the savage beast" (or was it the savage breast ?) , and in any case, the basic idea is that music can have soothing and healing properties.
    The Solfeggio tones are the first six notes of the scale,and were used in religious chants and songs specifically for their healing and restorative powers. They are best known for the Gregorian chants.
    Later, the. Seventh note was added to the scale, which changed how music works somewhat, according to the articles that I have been reading about Solfeggio tones.
    Although the tones were commonly used for many years, they were apparently either somehow lost, or taken away by the church leaders around the time of Pope Gregory, and have only recently been rediscovered.

Each of the six notes is associated with a different color, and has a different role in healing the body and spirit of a person.
    I stumbled across this accidentally while browsing through some of the meditation and healing apps for the iPad .
    I try and listen to some kind of an inspirational or motivational "tape" (for want of a better word) on the iPhone each night before I go to sleep.
    When I found the Solfeggio app, I looked it up to see what it was and then bought the app and am now starting to listen to one of the tones each night. The app that I got was kind of a guided meditation with the Solfeggio tones in the background.
    Here is one of the webpages that explains more about these. Interesting tones, and how they work.

http://miraclesandinspiration.com/solfeggiofrequencies.html

Lois Winters and Monica Rich like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

For the last several months , I have been playing one of the tones as I go to sleep, and it seems to really help me to relax and sleep better.
    I have a set that I got as an app for the iPhone, and it has a segment with each of the six healing tones, and kind of a guided meditation and relaxing tones before I go to sleep at night.
    There are six of the healing tones, and each one is supposed to help with a different area of your life; so I sometimes pick one that I feel is close to what I am needing help with, and other times, I just work my way through the app, listening to one segment each night.

This is a really ancient way of using sound for healing.
    We all know that some music can be very comforting or soothing, and others can actually grate on our nerves, depending on the music.
    With this meditation, the music is just kind of tones in the background, and some nights i go right to sleep and drift through the tape, waking up at the end to shut it off.
    I think that this might be something that you would like, @Chrissy Page , especially if you are having trouble sleeping well.
    The iPhone app set that I have is by Glenn Harold, and it has all six of the solfeggio tones in the set.
    Here is a website that also has solfeggio tones, and explains what each tone is beneficial for. I have not listened to these recordings yet; but I am also going to see what is on them.

http://solawakening.com/solfeggio-frequencies-2/

Lois Winters likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

When I was browsing online, I discovered this music chart that defines more about the solfeggio tones, and the different things that each one is supposed to do.
    I had gotten sidetracked and pretty much forgotten that I even had the app for listening to these at night; but I think that it is time to study more, charge up the iPad Mini and headphones, and start listening at night again.

6E51A3CA-3A95-4B40-A0F0-A0536A713652.jpeg