Social Media

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Me either. :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I do wonder though how much of mainstream people are being honest them selves Unless I am seeing, hearing, myself- I trust no one else..
    Trust and Verify is my motto. Agree that news from all over is better than one place. Least then we can try to piece the truth together ourselves.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

No, Yvonne...I watch only one news source, the conservative Fox News. All the others, including CCN and all the Network outlets just play patty-cake with those sheep who sit there and lap it up.

Please don't belittle my intelligence...it just makes YOU look foolish.

No hard feelings...;)
    HAL

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don’t know why you would think that I was belittling your intelligence, @Hal Pollner , and I apologize if I said something that made you think that.
    All that I was trying to say, is that we all have different ideas of how we get our news.
    Nothing is wrong that you want to get your news from Fox News channel, and also nothing is wrong that I want to get my news from Facebook and Twitter instead of a television.
    It is simply that we think differently on this, and I agree that Facebook is probably not something that you would want to have, and that is all that I was saying.
    You said you were lucky not to have Facebook, and I responded to your comment and agreed with you.

As you said, you want to get your news from one source (Fox).
    I like to get mine from people who are actually involved and not saying something that they are being paid to say.
    I am not criticizing you for your news, and please do not criticize me for liking mine.

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I post to Facebook every day starting at breakfast. Since I do not see friends and family on a regular basis it's a good way to let them know what's going on with my life and that I am still alive and well.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Zero. No use for it.

Hal Pollner likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This is how I mostly keep up with my friends and family also, although I seldom post much on Facebook. What I really enjoy are the different facebook groups that I belong to, which are about everything from news to healthy living, to historical information.
    I also belong to a local group for lost/found dogs, so that if we see a stray dog, I can check and see if someone has posted about losing one like that.
    I follow Idaho groups, as well as groups for Tartaria and ancient history, and then I also belong to several groups about plant-based diets, and other healthful living information.
    There are some great groups that keep up to date on news information, and I look forward to reading those every day as well. Twitter is even better with instant news reports , so between the two of these social media, I find about everything that I am interested in learning about.

When I had the pacemaker operation, I joined a group for that for a while, too, and it really helped to answer a lot of my questions and worries about having a pacemaker.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I check it everyday for posting from my high school graduating classmates of 1968. The ones that are a part of FB, that is. I'm also part of a Team Roping Group, both those that are no longer active in it, like myself, and those that are still active in it. I also follow advertisements/photos from: Wrangler jeans and Resistol hats.

So, yes, I'm pretty active in it.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I don't do Facebook.

[​IMG]

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  11. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm on Facebook only because I had to join to put up my business site, there. Personally, I think it's a huge scam, set up to provide personal info to any number of those who need, and are willing to pay for, the same. I hate most things about the way its platform is structured. I have reconnected with old friends, so that's the only positive of having my personal site up.

12. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Never thought of Facebook until I received an invite after a family get together. Our family is all across the US and it is a good way for me to keep in-the-know about them and vice visa so I am on Facebook everyday because it's always good, bad, hilarious and caring events happening that I wouldn't know otherwise.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

10 /15 minute a day. I won't justify my use of the platform. I enjoy the entertainment and the contact with friends and family.

14. Herb Sutton

Herb Sutton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

ZERO, I can't be bothered. They endlessly want me to "friend" people that I never heard of who live in places I have never heard of. Don't need it.

15. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not much - maybe 5 min. per day, and that is only because I get emails telling me someone has posted something - most often family or church friends.