So, You Wrote Your Congress Person And...

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bobby Cole, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Its sad but I don't see our Republic surviving or coming back from this. I just have to realize all empires fall and ours will be no different. There will be no ships looking for s new promised land either.
    I think the only Promised Land now is Heaven.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't bother. While former Congressman Mike Michaud (D) and current Senator Angus King (I-but basically D) would send responses that indicated that someone actually read my letter (Michaud would often call me back if I called his office), they never did what I was asking them to because they're Democrats. Conversely, our Republican reps, former Senator Snowe and current Senator Collins would either not answer at all, or send me a statement thanking me for my support of whatever it was that I clearly was not supporting. Someone in former Congressman Poliquin's office would read the letters, but he spent all of his one term in office trying to please both Republicans and the anti-Trump crowd, so it was no surprise that he lost his reelection bid.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

There are two things we cannot reverse that make me agree with you:
    1-The massive unconstitutional expansion of The Fed into all aspects of our lives.
    2-The functional delegation of legislative authority to unelected bureaucrats.

We as a people did not fail. I don't know of any form of government in a free society that is immune from treason and sabotage.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well, it’s been a week or so since I emailed Mo Brooks and it’s been crickets, nada and nothing thus far. Imagine that!!

Just for kicks and giggles I proposed a query on google asking if Congress people really answer emails, letters and phone calls and got so much side tracked information that said next to nothing other than throwing unpaid interns under the bus, that it’s hard to translate exactly what goes on.

All that said, in a slight fit of pique I decided to look something else up which stands very much akin to my original query; How many Congress people actually read the bills they vote on?
    I mean, if they don’t read emails and letters nor answer phone calls from the people who put them into office, maybe it’s because they are soooo busy reading those proposed bills? (yeah, a bit of sarcasm there)
    The answer kind of depends on your own Congressperson or rather, how many golf and luncheon dates does your congressperson make.

https://ivn.us/2014/12/15/members-congress-dont-believe-job-read-bills-pass/

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I still maintain that the answer is Enumerated Powers.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Peace, Joy, and Righteousness was experienced in full in the first century by a few people on earth.

And the second, third, fourth.... centuries until recently at least. All in spite of all the medical idolatry, politic lies, and financial deception/ worldly greed/ collecting things.

Until pharmakeia and religion is wiped out, whether in just one individual or a group, city, country, or whatever,

there is no peace, joy , nor righteousness .

i.e. so, yes, it may be after the Judge , Executioner, He Who Brings Wrath and Vengeance for all the innocent lives lost, after He Returns before most people ever experience peace, joy, truth, righteousness, purely.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

People seem to do better in times of struggle. Once life gets easier people get complacent and bored which leads to immorality , selfishness and the wrong kinds of compassion and tolerance.

At least that is what history has taught me.

Mary Stetler and Denise Evans like this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thats is kind of hard when the toons make it 5000 pages. This way they can go back a find a loop hole to fall back on and buy more degenerates votes. I'm talking about the poor and the rich degenerates.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

This is exactly why Marie, I know when things are going good I get too lazy, mind and body. I figure I'm not alone in that when I hear some folks being interviewed on the street. I'm sure for sensationalism, they edit the videos, but to hear someone say they don't even know who the President is, tells me people are more interested in other things. Wide open opportunity for crooks like we've allowed to take over the country. Even during Wars, many sit on their asses at home and let others do the real work :(

10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

The ones I referred to , from the first century on,
    were the ones who usually suffered the most , being mocked, beaten, arrested, imprisoned, and martyred.
    They also had unlimited daily joy, peace and righteousness without straining for it - without faking.

Marie Mallery and Denise Evans like this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Are you talking about America or Genesis?

12. Denise Evans

Registered

and some were told to sell their tunics and buy a sword. I may not fully understand the verses on that, but I interpreted it as meaning God wanted them to defend themselves if they had to. I had to add that but don't want to go deeper and hijack the thread ;)

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

Pretty sure Jeff is talking about AD Marie, and the New Testiment.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  14. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Well, congress does not even try to live by what is truth, nor good, nor right.
    Neither do most americans at all.
    Defending self defense is so totally not trusting the Creator at all, and using Scripture to try to defend what He did not Say is probably a transgression.

Every Word of God is True, not one is false. Understanding comes only from Him, as a gift - it is lacking in mankind.

When one person tried to use, or did use, a sword to harm someone, Jesus immediately stopped him, and healed the ear immediately. None of His disciples or apostles or children ever were told to harm someone in His Father's Kingdom on earth, in the New Testament.

15. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Today God's Message to Congress and the American people ?

If they don't listen to letters written to them, will they ever listen to God ?

“the handwriting on the wall,” meaning “a portent or warning of inevitable misfortune.”
    "All attempts at interpretation by Belshazzar’s wise men failed until the prophet Daniel was called in."
    " Daniel was given wisdom from God to read and translate the words, which meant “numbered, numbered, weighed, divided."