So Speaking Of Coffee

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by K E Gordon, Jun 9, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

How do you like yours? Are you a strong? are you a medium or do you like it watery? I would describe myself as a medium, strong coffee, keeps me awake. Watery..doesn't taste good, what is the point?.I guess this should be in the food and drink thread, but I thought I would tie it in with the Hi and Goodbye coffee. Something to be said for consistency.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a strong coffee drinker in the morning. I usually don't have any more after that but if I do it will be a weaker one
    And not later than 1:00 PM.

At home I never have another cup because I make mine very strong but when visiting my kids they have the Keurig
    Coffee makers and that's not strong enough for me.

Krissttina Isobe and K E Gordon like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I like my coffee flavored and a bit short of medium. :)

K E Gordon likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I prefer a light or medium roast, whole beans, and I drink it black, but I'm kind of a snob about the coffees I'll drink.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Ike Willis and K E Gordon like this.
  6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

On the strong side, no cream or sugar. I don't want syrup.

K E Gordon and Joe Riley like this.
  7. K E Gordon

Registered

I have to be careful with caffeine. I don't usually drink coffee past 1 pm either. If I do, it tends to be decaf. The real issue I find though is drinking it too close to bedtime. One day I had two caffeinated sodas in the late afternoon, and I paid for it that night. Tea does the same thing. It can be difficult to drink that as well. It is just one of the things that I need to watch.

Ike Willis likes this.
  8. K E Gordon

Registered

I could never get the hang of black coffee. I drink it with milk or cream, but don't care for sugar in my coffee. I want my coffee to taste like coffee. I will drink almost any coffee brand but I prefer some more than others. I can usually taste the difference between a quality or namebrand and a store brand brew. I have some now that is store brand but it is pretty good. Some store brands can be really bad though. My roommate was complaining, that it tasted like their twigs in his last container of store brand coffee.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I love my Kona coffee and Folger's coffee mix which is a bit past medium. I put Stevia and tumeric and a touch of nutmeg and a splash of soy milk. I put a dash of cinnamon and honey too to one cup. I recently tasted cupuccino and loved it.

K E Gordon and Joe Riley like this.
  10. K E Gordon

Registered

It sounds like you like your coffee spicy Kristina! However, I can tell by your addition of ingredients that your coffee is probably very healthy. Tumeric is very good to add to coffee and it sounds like you have the ideal combination of ingredients for good health. I am not sure what turmeric would taste like added to coffee. I never thought of putting something like that in there. Maybe someday when I am feeling experimental I will try some. I do have some almond oil though. Maybe I will try some of that in there today.