So Much Illegal Drugs In America!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Richard, I have to disagree on this, there only been 7 empires so far?
    Immigration can be a good thing if it is done right and the new arrivals don't change the nation, instead assimilate and become part of it. All nations have been conquered by those stronger and maybe not fair but the facts.
    Egypt was never an empire any more than Africa was, yet Africa has lasted several thousand years. England empire was formed in the 1600s. ceased to be an empire in the 1800s.

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

Some confuse a nation with an empire, empires consist of huge territory's ruled by a supreme ruler over them all.
    I found this on search engine.

"As nouns the difference between nation and empire is that nation is an historically constituted, stable community of people, formed on the basis of a common language, territory, economic life, ethnicity and/or psychological make-up manifested in a common culture or nation can be (rare) damnation while empire is a political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority."

3. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

You say that new arrivals don't change a nation. However, just look at how new arrivals (Muslims) have changed countries in Europe. Every so often Muslims in Europe are concerned, Muslims had coordinated killer TEAMS that slaughtered 130 Parisians in night clubs in a single night, using automatic weapons and bombs. Happens often in the U.K.

We may not call Egypt an empire, but it had a series of dynasties that ruled for 2,700 years. A truly amazing phenomenon. (They were briefly conquered by the Hyksos who were finally defeated after 100+ years.)

As far as changing a nation is concerned, Hispanics have certainly changed the U.S. OR at least large parts of it. In the San Diego area, you must travel 20 plus miles from the border before you begin to see whites/blacks. The grocery stores in that area are over-stocked with Mexican goods, to the exclusion of American goods. The same applies in numerous S.W. states.
    Not to mention how much drugs are being carried across our southern border by Hispanics.
    Moreover, a flood of immigrants has a dramatic impact on the price of housing. The average price of a house in San Diego is 1.5 million. The cost of a 1 bedroom apt is out of sight.
    The most common last name in California is now a Hispanic name.
    I'd call all of that a pretty dramatic impact.

Sorry, but England continued to be an Empire until it was lost during WW2.(1940's) not 1800's.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Tom Galty and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In the past, the United States was able to absorb fairly large numbers of immigrants. Clearly, this didn't work out so well for the several Native American tribes who were here before the Europeans came. However, since then, we were able to absorb immigrants because, for the most part, they came here for a better life. They weren't coming as a part of a global agenda, or to take over the country and reframe it to their liking.

Today's immigrants are, for the most part, coming here to take advantage, and they are encouraged to do so as part of a larger global agenda, in which they may have no personal interest, but they have no interest in assimilating.

Richard Whiting likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Tried to. Trump was doing major construction on it. It has never been closed because of political agendas.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Richard Whiting

Registered

Ah, I didn't understand that you meant FENCING OFF THE BORDER.

Previously, when I posted about closing the border, I meant closing CUSTOMS AND IMMIGRATION in response to Mexico not doing anywhere near enough to stop the flood of people heading north to the border. AND, Mexican's gov't official's who are in league with drug kingpins.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

You misunderstood my reply about the South American invaders who steal into our nation and insist on changing our culture, laws and language. Just yesterday the PTB have caved in to the extreme of calling a bank you have to hold, [ and listen to spanish jibberish while holding on] if you want to speak in English, this was yesterday, I think it is as anti-American as it gets alomg with millions of Americans homelss while we set illegals in luxury hotels.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Do you remember Obama sending Holder to give the Mexican cartel weapons and money? Before that Bush Sr and Clinton saying NAFTA was good for our nation.
    We just have to live with their " suspected " sedition for a while, our children and their children will live with their decisions for a lifetime.

9. Mary Stetler

Registered

How could we close a boarder that large without fencing with antagonistic entrants?
    Canada is kind of policing it's border now too.
    I remember when all you needed to cross was a license, then a birth certificate. I had both the last time but could not find the BC, I looked around the car for a while and the officer finally just waved the fat old couple across, in frustration.
    Not any more.:(
    I guess I COULD be antagonistic.:rolleyes:

10. Richard Whiting

Registered

All I can say is that if a country can not control it's own borders, then it will eventually be destroyed by a tsunami of foreigners.

11. Mary Stetler

Registered

I believe that is the plan. I said something like that about border security and my brother, a liberal, said closing the border is very un Christian. Facts changed to emotion is all I get.

12. Richard Whiting

Registered

The gov't of Mexico allows thousands upon thousands of Hispanics to ride on top of railroad cars which are headed north. The Mexican gov't sees this as a way to rid THEIR country of poor, uneducated people. In doing so, Mexico is actively assisting immigrants who are intent on illegally crossing into the U.S. There must be SOME WAY to force the Mexican gov't to stop allowing Hispanics to fide the trains headed north.

At last count, there were 29 million illegals in the U.S. Enough is enough !

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    Mary Stetler and Marie Mallery like this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Seems that is the plan, they have more rights and less laws than Many Americans. But the time has passed for us to change any of it, so just live best we can.

" Evil trumps when good men do nothing". Forgot who said it.

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Drugs have been a problem since the Biblical times. America had a drug problem in the 1800s. Roaring 20s and prohibition wasn't just about alcohol.
    But your correct about the drug problem in the late 60's by the Cartel's and PTB doping up the Boomers. Many came back from Nam ans S.Korea on drugs.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=3df3...eS1vcGlhdGUtYWRkaWN0aW9uLTE4MDk2NzY3My8&ntb=1

Richard Whiting likes this.