So Much Illegal Drugs In America!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

News article online to day about a DEA Agent's investigation of a Mexican farmer, just outside St. George, Utah who has been getting/dealing methamphetamine and fentanyl from Mexican drug cartels in Mexico. The drugs came up by way of Los Angeles, Las Vegas and into St. George.

In early 2020, DIA Agent Wilson, got his first tip. Someone walked up to the FBI field office in St. George with a claim that appeared to leap from Wilson’s subconscious. “The message was: ‘You’ve got a major player in your area who has significant ties to Mexico.’ “
    According to the informant, a Mexican man was running a drug distribution ring from a small ranch on the edge of St. George. Wilson and other federal law enforcement officials launched an investigation. They were about to learn how deeply Mexican cartels have penetrated the heartland of America.

Then, in 2021, the agents made a breakthrough. They traced a shipment of drugs to Ángel Rubio Quintana, a 41-year-old from Michoacán, Mexico. Deported years earlier, he had returned to southern Utah, where his relatives had a popular fast-food restaurant known for its burritos and carne asada.

Now, NOTE, that the above said that Angel had been deported years earlier, but had returned to Utah.
    If really interested in the article I read, here it is:
    A DEA agent tracked the source of fentanyl in Mormon country — a Mexican cartel | Stars and Stripes

And, here we thought, but it actually is widely publicized, that Colorado has a major illegal drug problem. There have been numerous busts for meth and fentanyl drugs here, but now "fantasy mushrooms" and of course marijuana are fully legal here.

America has a major problem of illegal drugs from Mexico, but just what can be done about it? Families are torn apart over it and families members are using/overdosing and dying. It's terrible!!

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Don't expect it to slow down until we quit electing Democrats.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Ken, Democrats are like Republicans, just a part of society.

Now, for real, who is the blame for all of these drugs coming into America? Of course, the young people who choose to use these illegal drugs, that is their choice.

Just appears that there is a major call for these drugs in America.

4. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

But the thing to keep in mind is it wasn't "today's young people" who started this "Everybody let's get stoned" crap, it was OUR generation.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

True, BUT, the younger generation just keeps it going using meth, meth and more meth and everything else.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Joanna Newton

Registered

Irrelevant. Too many Boomers have given younger people the message that mind-altering substances are acceptable.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, you have proof of this?? Not a single Boomer that I know, or have known, ever done that.

8. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I recently read that 100,000 Americans have died from fentanyl in the last 18 months. Our generation had deaths from drugs , but nothing like this.

9. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Why isn't there a button to DISlike comments?

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Can't wait to see Ken's reply to this. LOL

11. Joanna Newton

Registered

Sorry for delay in replying.

First, after moving to a very small city, it was the first I'd ever known of parents who "get high" with their kids.

Next, similar to what an individual posted on another forum, older individuals 'targeting" young people.

And then there's situations like this: https://who13.com/news/metro-news/d...bused-teen-injected-her-with-meth-police-say/

12. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, I once knew of a mom who allowed her son to be present while she was getting high. She never stopped him from getting high himself. By the time he was age 20 or so, he was doing heroin. It didn't take him long to become a full fledged addict.

Marie Mallery and Joanna Newton like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think there have always been parents who do that. Even when I was in high school, there were a couple of parents who would let their kids host parties at their house, and even join in. I think they thought we thought they were cool, but I considered them to be sad and knew that their kids would be dealing with a handicap.

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Some folks are saving pain killers from surgeries in case they need them later and can't get them. Getting pain killers when in need (not addicted) is very difficult around here because everyone is expected to be an addict.
    I always liked the idea of making drugs totally legal in certain places in the country. I think it was Holland that did that. You could have all the drugs you wanted and so you did not steal or kill for them. If one commits suicide by doing that, I find it less upsetting than late stage abortions.
    The 'war against drugs' never worked and only enriched those that participated.
    I had an alcohol addiction in my younger days so I have a small idea of addiction.

15. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The war on drugs has enriched the cartels and drug dealers and put a strain on law enforcement and social services, just like prohibition enriched bootleggers and the mob and put a strain on law enforcement. Not going into the pros and cons of legalization, I would suggest the current consequences for making and selling addictive drugs is no deterrent. On a related note, you may have read the Seattle is running out of morgue space due to all the fentanyl deaths.