Snow Squall Alert

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Our iPhones Alert went off at 8AM this morning and we thought it was about an abducted child. It was about a snow squall in the area. We opened up our blinds and sure enough, the snow was coming down like a "whiteout". This was the first time for us to be in the area of a snow squall. I had left our windshield wipers in the "up" position, because of the possibility of snow yesterday, that never happened.

As of right now, 9AM, the squall is gone, the sun is out and the snow is melting. But, it was sort of shocking to us to get this alert, on our iPhones from the NWS, warning us about the squall going on. Then, looking outside and see nothing but "white" coming down.

Ever had this happen to you?

Nancy Hart and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No, but once I walked outside and the sunny glare hurt my eyes. :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I wouldn't call it a squall, but earlier this month I happened not to look out a window all morning until 11:00 am for some reason (not sleeping), and was really surprised to see heavy snowing, with at least an inch already on the ground. Had no idea it was forecasted.