Snores And More

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Will Lawrence, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

Abby, our recently adopted 2 year old Lab, has found her way to my wife and my bed a few times. The first time she plopped herself down between us, stretched out and could have cared less if my wife and/or I had any room to sleep. So, we've allowed her to sleep in the bed if... IF she sleeps down at my wife's feet.

Last night, the wife was watching a basketball game on tv and I went to bed early. I'm used to living in hotels and it takes me about 10 seconds to drop into a deep sleep. What a surprise when I awoke about 3 a.m.!!!!

Seems my wife came in to bed and Abby was sound asleep up at my wife's head of the bed. Wife said she tried to roust Abby, but she "pretended" to be as sound asleep as was I. So, the wife simply took her pillow and slept "upside down". I awoke about 3 a.m. with a Labrador Retriever's behind and my wife's feet both in my face... with both of them snoring away!!!!! 50 years ago, I probably wouldn't have griped about where or how my wife slept. At this time in my/our lives.... Abby ain't gonna pull that again!!!!!:D:D

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Little Jimmy Dickins has a song by this name, but I like the poem, instead....Sleeping at the foot of the bed" by Luther Patrick.;)

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

When a dog snores, that means it is contented in its sleep although the vet said that it is probably overweight. We have noticed our dogs to be snorers although they are not overweight. Our pug who is actually skinny is also a snorer. But since that dog is also showered with love and affection plus the food that he likes so I guess he is contented in life that when he sleeps, he gets a sound sleep hence he snored. But when the snore includes grunts, you wake up the dog for it might be having a nightmare.

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Izzy's snoring doesn't bother me. Actual it helps me sleep, My husband was a snorer, and after 47 years of hearing that I am still waking up at the silence, You get use to certain sounds, and they become comforting. Now Izzy gets to sleep on Michael's pillow, and his little snore is very welcome.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I am such a light sleeper these days that any noise such as snoring or breathing :rolleyes: would wake me, so I wear earplugs and wouldn't even hear the alarm clock ;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey @Terry Page , I'm happy you and Lisa had such a good vacation, and I really enjoyed your pictures along with your interesting narrations. When is your next adventure? Have you always been a traveler, and if so, where all have you been?

Now that I live alone, I would be afraid to use earplug for fear of something going wrong, and if I could not hear the normal sounds at night, I would wake up anyway. I always listen to the owls that nest in an old oak tree that makes a canopy over my home.

Ruby Begonia and Terry Page like this.
  8. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

My big old Lab, Boo is a snorer too. He and my smaller dog, Lil' Bear a bichon, share a bedroom. I check on them before I go to sleep and Boo is always snoring away on his bed ... I feel everything is alright then.

What's funny is when Boo is taking afternoon naps in the living room, and he's running sideways in his sleep, on the sofa. .. looks like he is running free in a full gallop at the park or something. Interesting to watch.

Also, he does yoga poses every morning when he gets up.. upside down on his back, legs this way ..stop .. legs that way ..stop ... with sounds to accompany the motions.

Ruby Begonia and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  9. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, this was so cute.

10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes Ina I guess I have always been a traveller but it was tailing off until Lisa came into my life some 13 years ago, when it started up again because Lisa is more of a traveller than I ever was.

We had planned a short break to Tbilisi in Georgia via Ukraine when I am in Russia this April/May, but now all flights via Ukraine are stopped, and the other routes via Turkey are too expensive, we then changed to Serbia, but that has been stopped recently, so it looks like Yerevan in Armenia using a Russian carrier, hopefully this will work if they don't go bankrupt before then.

Our next big vacation is this July for three weeks in Malaysia which is booked via Emirates from the UK so that will hopefully happen.

Regarding earplugs I have got used to the silence and I guess because I am rarely alone in a house at night I am ok with that, but I do understand your fears if something went wrong and you didn't hear anything. I just need my sleep as uninterrupted as possible these days :)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.