Small Towns

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Ken Anderson, May 28, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Why on earth are people thinking this? Have you, or any other others here been to Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, the Dakota's, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma or Texas lately. Lots, and I mean LOTS, of cowboy hats and boots. Rodeo's are still very popular. Look up Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo and the rodeo in Denver, CO each January called the Denver Stock Show & Rodeo. Nice purses. The National Finals Rodeo in Vegas packs in people at the end of each year.

Sometimes I think people need to do much more online research before making comments on here...….but, that's just my opinion.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think Bill lived in Oklahoma at some point.

It's because you seem to think it's all about what you're wearing that makes you something...it's not.

I can wear wranglers, boots and a cowboy hat but I won't be a cowboy.

I'm pretty sure if I moved to any of those places nobody would throw me out of town for wearing a dress.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, I've defended the Western lifestyle and pro-rodeo as much as I can. Don't believe either exists anymore, do online research on both. There are still large Livestock Stockyards in Oklahoma and one in Ft. Collins, CO called Centennial Livestock Yards. Been to a number of these and have seen both men and women on horseback pushing cattle up to the sale arena.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I worked in Wyoming and Idaho and Montana with my ex...for elections.

We ate meals in the places the residents went, everybody was nice and nobody looked at us weird. Never even crossed my mind that these people were upset that I wasnt dressed as a cowboy.

You are the first person Ive heard even say that I wouldn't be accepted in those places.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just to let you know, the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association in Colorado Springs, has a dress code for all of their rodeos that include a cowboy hat for both men and women, many wear Wrangler jeans and all have boots on.

Yes, there are those nightclub people who "dress-up" cowboy and cowgirl to go out dancing. Most of them know nothing about horses or handling cattle.

If the dress was a "Western" type dress, you'd be ok. Just saying. Chrissy, you simply couldn't live in a small town where everyone promoted and/or worked a town rodeo. Look up Elizabeth, CO. They even have a parade during the weekend of their rodeo.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I bet I could live there...Ive lived places you couldn't even imagine....and visited and Ive never felt unwanted...I don't make waves...why should anyone care.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

You and your ex weren't residents. When a person lives there, it's a very different thing.

Guess you'll never understand the "thinking" of "small town" people. Ask Ken how the people look in the town in Maine where he lives. They sure don't dress like people in Fresno do.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I keep telling you my husband was not my ex!!!

I would hope the people in Maine don't dress like in Fresno, they'd freeze in the winter but I bet in the summer they wear shorts also.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I can't deal with you Cody ...you are so small minded.

Taking a break again....

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I've been to Elizabeth and it is very, very "country/cowboy" related. Does that really sound like your kind of place to live? Perhaps you could live there, then again...…...but, we will never find out.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sorry about that...…...you definitely aren't that understanding. Wife and I are definitely different than you and glad we are.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sorry, keep getting them mixed up. Old age.
    Just to let you know, I changed it.

BTW, if I'm so "small minded" why do you keep replying to my posts? Just read and move on or "Hide" me. Simple!

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep....Christians that don't tolerate anyone except cowboys.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yep, Christian cowboys and cowgirls...…..they are definitely the BEST!! Really only kidding, but...…...

15. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

People can brainwash themselves by being closed-minded, but can be brainwashed intentionally...

Urbon Dictionery under brainwashed...